What to do when you are tendered in to Belize???

LisaT12

Hello Everyone, I do not know what to expect when you arrive on the dock of Belize, is there anything to do right there? Is there an open market? Are there any private tours of the island available etc? Any close beach? Any help would be appreciated...Thank you!!

Hola Lisa,

The tendering dock in Belize city has a host of small shops with trinkets and such. There is also several tour companies located there, but I would suggest booking early so you can be sure of having a tour. And you do need a tour in Belize. There is not that much to do in the town proper. My in-laws booked a great snorkeling trip there at the dock but we had already booked a cave tubing tour with Wet & Wild. I have found that one of the best ways to research these tours is to do a Google on the destination, ( Belize cruise tours etc.) What ever you decide just to remember to have fun. This is YOUR vacation.

Hello Everyone, I do not know what to expect when you arrive on the dock of Belize, is there anything to do right there? Is there an open market? Are there any private tours of the island available etc? Any close beach? Any help would be appreciated...Thank you!!

There is a little area that has been developed by the cruise lines with shops and security. There is some shopping outside this area as well. There are vendors in the dock area who will sign you up for tours if you don't want to do it ahead of time. There are no close beaches...though several of the tours will take you to an island where there is some beach, this is not really a beach destination,,,

I'd book a tour. Belize has so many fun options, from snorkeling and tubing to ruins and jungle. Spending your time at the dock would be a shame, you'd miss the best part of the country. Read this thread, there are lots of reviews and tour recommendations so that you will get a better feel for what you want to do.

Belize was our favorite port stop, we loved it.

Su

Archived