any UK cruisers book with US ta

legospice

I ask this because i have just came of the phone with Cunard UK and were somewhat bewildered to have been told to find a US travel agent. I want to do the November 11 2006 Southampton to Fort Lauderdale (which isnt a problem booking here) followed by a weeks Caribbean RT Fort Lauderdale as a B2B, and was told i cant, that i would have to take a 2 week caribbean (which i dont want) including flights (which i dont need, as i have my one way to london included in my transatlantic), as Cunard UK only sell caribbean as 2 week packages. On Cunards US website it sells cruise only for a week.

Anyone else come up against this before, or does anyone have any suggestions.

I enquired about booking a QE2 cruise with a travel agent from across the big pond but as soon as l mentioned my world club status l was told that the membership number would link me to the UK and as such l wouldnt get any of the world club benefits, but l do know of some passengers that have booked usually first timers and have had no problem!

cheers Myles

I ask this because i have just came of the phone with Cunard UK and were somewhat bewildered to have been told to find a US travel agent. I want to do the November 11 2006 Southampton to Fort Lauderdale (which isnt a problem booking here) followed by a weeks Caribbean RT Fort Lauderdale as a B2B, and was told i cant, that i would have to take a 2 week caribbean (which i dont want) including flights (which i dont need, as i have my one way to london included in my transatlantic), as Cunard UK only sell caribbean as 2 week packages. On Cunards US website it sells cruise only for a week.

Anyone else come up against this before, or does anyone have any suggestions.

If you have any questions about this I will be more than happy to help you. I am a travel agent in the US and have booked a few UK clients.

Melanie Criswell

Archived