Pearl Island or Blue Lagoon/which is better?

This is my first time cruising and snorkeling. I am cruising to Nassau on 6/17 and would like to know if anyone can tell me which excursion is better the Blue Lagoon w/snorkel or the Pearl Island w/snorkel. I read that the boat ride to the Blue Lagoon was long and the water there was not that great. I want to be in refreshing blue water therefore which excursion is recommended? Also I wanted to know if you go snorkeling do you have to be a good swimmer? I swim ok but I don't like very deep water. Can you stay longer on the Island and catch a later ferry or do you have to leave at a designated time?

Thanks in advance. :o

We went to Pearl Island and loved it. We found 2 big conch shells and we were able to keep them. some people found oysters and kept the pearls. They give you a vest and you walk into the water. We also got lunch. Have fun

We did Pearl Island Treasure Hunt and Snorkling - $90/per person. I was disappointed after watching the Blue Lagoon video. The snorkling was OK, the food was good, swimming w/stingrays was pretty cool but the water was not very clear and not many fish to see - mostly coral and rocks. We did find an oyster w/pearl but they are planted. They have rubber bands around them, we also found a conch shell but they too are planted out there. The crew on the island were really good but I wish I had done the Blue Lagoon trip.

We did Pearl Island last week. The snorkling was great. We saw lots and lots of fish. The island was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. However it was nice. The food was very bad. It looked like it has been out for days and the bread for the hotdogs was hard as a brick. The ride out there was about 30 min. We would do it again just because the snorkling was great!:)

We did Pearl Island on 5/31. I agree with kitkit the snorkeling was great but the food was not that great. Four bucks for a hotdog and six for a hamburger was a bit much for the quality of food. One tip on the snorkeling, take a small ziplock bag with dry cereal in the water with you. A small amount of cereal will bring the fish right to you for some great shots with a waterproof camera.

Archived