Tours of Aruba & Curacao - Princess vs. Private?

Aline13

Is it better to book with Princess for island tours, or is it cheaper and the same quality if done with a private company, and do you just take your chances if you have not booked anything and walked over to the private tours? Any company names would be great.

It's been a while since I've been to Curaçao so I can't comment. However, I've been to Aruba three times in the last couple of years and the last time I was there, in October, four of us grabbed a cab (a van) just outside the cruise terminal. The posted rate is $45/hour. Sam took us to all the top tourist spots, the California Lighthouse, the Natural Bridge, and along the beach. He dropped us off at a restaurant on the beach where we relaxed, had lunch and a drink, enjoyed the view and water, and then he picked us back up and took us to the ship. Best tour I've taken and best time I've had in Aruba.

A private taxi tour, as regulated by the government, is $45 per hour for a maximum of up to 5 people. Questions on Bully Tours in Aruba??

If there are only 2 of you and wanted to do the private tour with Bully, yet make it more affordable, check with those in your roll call to see if anyone would like to join you.

If you have a larger group, check Sonny Binns Tour

A private taxi tour, as regulated by the government, is $45 per hour for a maximum of up to 5 people. Questions on Bully Tours in Aruba??

If there are only 2 of you and wanted to do the private tour with Bully, yet make it more affordable, check with those in your roll call to see if anyone would like to join you.

If you have a larger group, check Sonny Binns Tour

Excellent advice! Bully and Sonny are awesome.

We were in Aruba several years ago...we got off the ship about 9 am, walked around and we were all so hot that we went back on board at noon to cool off! Tour guides were offering us tours of the Island for $10 each in their Van! So, we cooled off and went back out at 1:30 and got the tour!! Had alot of fun singing w/the group in the van and seeing all the sights! Does it still happen? I don't know that answer!

We were in Aruba several years ago...we got off the ship about 9 am, walked around and we were all so hot that we went back on board at noon to cool off! Tour guides were offering us tours of the Island for $10 each in their Van! So, we cooled off and went back out at 1:30 and got the tour!! Had alot of fun singing w/the group in the van and seeing all the sights! Does it still happen? I don't know that answer!

At port, are tour operators

• 3 months later...

My husband and I ONLY do private tours. We just came back from both Aruba and Curacao in April.

We went on a trike tour in Aruba ((www.trikes-aruba.com)) I think is the website. FABULOUS!!!!

In Curacao, private tour with Howard from www.curacao-actief.com. He is so wonderful! Private tour of the island with a picnic lunch.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to write me at cavewoman40@aol.com

Nina from Baltimore

• 2 weeks later...

Archived