Native Way...Just Back

luv2cruise03

We just got back from our cruise on the Miracle today and our excursion with Native Way...We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour, and also got Coral Gardens thrown in along the way...

There was only 14 of us on the boat...8 of which were our group.

It was wonderful....Chris and Vernon were our guides. When we were snorkling Vernon was able to go down and entice a moray eel and nurse shark our of the coral...very exciting. I hope that my pictures of that turn out.

Rum point beach was beautiful, and the food was great! It did start raining on us about 35 minutes before we were suppose to leave, and we went on and left and they stopped at coral gardens and let us snorkle there for a while....a GREAT added bonus....I thought the snorkling there was much prettier...not as many fish, but the coral was beautiful.

I will be glad to answer any questions that you might have.

Lunch was great...when we got through snorkling, he gave us a menu, we picked out what we wanted and he radioed it in...when we got there, it was ready...

I had a blackened fish sandwich and fries with mango mayonaise...Wonderful...

My husband had the Jerk pork sandwich...he loved it...both of my teenage daughters had the chicken fingers...they said that they were also good. Our friend got the fish and chips, and he said it was very good also...

They have hamburgers, hotdogs, wraps...very good menu...there are about 15 things that you can choose from. You get water and tea to drink.

FYI...bring small bills if you want a drink from the bar. Ordered a margarita, and it was $8.00, and they only give you change in Cayman dollars...

This was the best tour we have taken in the 5 cruises we have gone on.

It was great just having our group of 14, and looking over at the other tours that had 50-100 people in the water swimming with the stingrays...

Oh yeah, We got off the boat at about 8:30, and the guy from Nativeways was already there...we were told to be back to the gazebo at 9:30, so we were able to shop a little before the tour left. He got us back in plenty of time to catch the tender back to the boat.

Do you remember what time you returned from the tour and what time the last tender was? We are booked on this same tour and very much looking forward to it, but we are concerned over the new times.

The tour started at 9:30 ships time....8:30 Grand Cayman time...

We returned at 2:45 ships time....and the last tender was at 3:15....If you get nervous they would have you back at whatever time you wanted...we discussed it while on the tour.

There was one tour bus (not sure what company they were with) that was involved in a little fender bender, and was curious if they all made it back to their boats...The Sensation and Navigator of the Seas were in port when we were. They all came in after us, so I'm sure they were probably on one of those since we left on time.

You will really love this tour, and don't stress about the time issue it wasn't a problem.

We were (or would have been there) for about 2 hours-21/2 hours...

It was enough time for us, since we were going to be beaching it at some of the other ports.

There was pleny of shade also.

The lounge chairs have shades built onto them...something I had never seen before, but really enjoyed.

I have booked the Rays, Reefs, and Rum Point tour for our cruise in October. We will arrive at 7am and depart at 4 (ship time) My confirmation with Native Way says we will be returned at 2:45 (ship time) Is that enough time to get back on the ship? The excursion sounds wonderful. :)

Thanks!

That is our exact dilemma. With a 2:45 return that only leaves 15-30 minutes before the "last tender" according to Carnival. According to Nativeway there will be 45 minutes. Argh. I really don't understand why the tour doesn't leave earlier and get back earlier. It seems like everyone has plenty of extra time in the morning.

That is our exact dilemma. With a 2:45 return that only leaves 15-30 minutes before the "last tender" according to Carnival. According to Nativeway there will be 45 minutes. Argh. I really don't understand why the tour doesn't leave earlier and get back earlier. It seems like everyone has plenty of extra time in the morning.

So does this mean if our ship sails at 4 we have to be on a tender by 3? I don't want to cut it that close.

So does this mean if our ship sails at 4 we have to be on a tender by 3? I don't want to cut it that close.

I had the same point. I emailed Sharon with my concern and she said that the departure time is the departure time and that is it. Maybe they like to sleep late! : )

I had the same point. I emailed Sharon with my concern and she said that the departure time is the departure time and that is it. Maybe they like to sleep late! : )

Hmmmm.....anyone out there that has done this excursion and ship left port at 4 have any trouble getting back in time?

I would not worry about making it back in time for the last tender. Last tender should be 30 mins prior to sailing so that leaves you 45 mins. You will be dropped right at the tender pier. We have toured with Nativeway twice & all has gone well.

Do any of you really think they would let you miss your ship? First, it would not be good for their business. Second, do you think they would want to listen to all the complaining that would result from missing your ship? And third, do you think they would want to have to help you get caught up with your ship? They will ask you several times during the day what time your ship sails (even though they already know since it visits their port every week) & they will have you back.

Make the reservation, go & have a wonderful time!

I would not worry about making it back in time for the last tender. Last tender should be 30 mins prior to sailing so that leaves you 45 mins. You will be dropped right at the tender pier. We have toured with Nativeway twice & all has gone well.

Do any of you really think they would let you miss your ship? First, it would not be good for their business. Second, do you think they would want to listen to all the complaining that would result from missing your ship? And third, do you think they would want to have to help you get caught up with your ship? They will ask you several times during the day what time your ship sails (even though they already know since it visits their port every week) & they will have you back.

Make the reservation, go & have a wonderful time!

Thanks! I booked my tour. I am soooo excited. It sounds absolutely wonderful. :D

On our Nativeway tour a couple weeks ago, there was a videographer. I don't know if there is one on every tour, but he was with us that day on the Rays, Reef & Rum Point trip. Although I really had no interest in it, my DH bought the DVD. It arrived today & I have to confess that watching is was so special. The quality was excellent & he captured lots of footage of the 8 of us on the trip as well as lots of underwater footage of the stingrays and the fish, eels, coral, & (yikes - 1 shark that I thankfully did NOT see while snorkeling). Just wanted to note that it was a quality job & a worthwhile vacation memory. We usually do not buy jewelry, T shirts or other trinkets from ports so this was an exception which I am glad we made. I believe the cost for DVD was $60 or $65 and VHS was a bit less.

VAcruzers,

We went with Native Way and did the stingray city and reef only tour. We just received our DVD and couldn't be Happier!!! We paid $55, probably because we were one stop shorter than yours. And you are correct, seeing everything again was so much fun.

I highly recommend getting the dvd.

We are going to do the rays, reef and rum tour and I think a couple of you have talked me into buying the DVD. I might as well buy it, I may never get back there. Thanks for posting your experiences with your tour.

I am so jealous! We also booked the Rays, Reef, and Rum Pt excursion with Native Way- we were on Explorer of the Seas last week- TS Arlene closed Grand Cayman for our scheduled day so, of course, we did not get to experience the stingrays or Rum Point- but- I guess that gives us an excuse to plan another cruise and be sure it goes to the Caymans!

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in Grand Cayman with our Royal Caribbean cruise on September 6, 2005 from 7AM - 4PM. I would like to have some snorkeling time as well as beach time, if possible. Can anyone tell me what the best tour to take with Nativeway would be, within the timeframe and?

Also, I am trying to find an email address for this place but can't seem to locate it on their website. Anyone have an email address for them?

THANKS!!!

Archived