Murano

Tin

We were on Allure back in December and went to 150 Central Park. We both loves the type of service and food there. For our next cruise I am interested to dine at Murano, is it similar to 150 CP? or is it just more elaborate dinner?

While they both are intimate, fine dining type venues with attentive, formal service they have some differences as well. 150 CP is exclusively a tasting menu whereas the vast majority of people at Murano order a la carte (they do have a fixed menu with pairings available, but it is not anywhere near as interesting as the tasting menu at 150 CP). The menu at Murano tends to be quite static with very few changes over the past few years whereas 150 CP's menu is a seasonal menu that often undergoes significant changes. The menu at Murano is French inspire whereas 150 CP (at least on Allure) was more Contemporary American where they were trying to resemble types of dishes served at various Michelin starred venues (but changing them up to be appealing to the average cruiser). The menus at Murano are set by the cruise line headquarters whereas 150 CP's menus are created by a celebrity chef with free reign to be creative. If I had to pick one venue as the "best" I personally enjoyed 150 CP more than Murano, but that said I love Murano and definitely recommend dining there at least once on your cruise. Murano has excellent service and the quality of the food (ingredients and preperation) is great and a large step up from the main dining room.

On a sailing on Eclipse 2 years ago, we enjoyed dining at Murano 3 times as a large group. The food, service, and ambiance was fantastic.

Last year I was on Oasis and sampled all of the restaurants on the ship, including 150 CP. In my opinion, while the presentation was good, and the food was good -- it wasn't as good as Murano, and service was clearly a step below. The Chef's Table on Oasis was perhaps better than Murano, though.

My next cruise (tomorrow) we will sample Tuscan and Lawn Club as well as Murano.

Archived