Portuguese Restaurants in Bermuda

rodrigs4

I had to think about it and couldn't come up with any, which is odd considering around 1 in 8 Bermudians are of Portuguese decent. There are a few Mediterranean restaurants though.

There is a Portuguese bakery & coffee shop, Cafe Acoreano, on the corner of Church St. and Washington St., they could probably point you to where you can get good Portuguese food. If you are of Portuguese decent there is a Vasco de Gama Club on Reid Street which should also be able to help you. Being able to speak Portuguese would probably help at Vasco's.

Swizzle - Thank you I am of portuguese decent. I have another question. Where is Church Street, is this in Hamilton or St. George. We are cruising on the Majesty and docking in St. George.

Thanks, Again...

Sorry, I should have said that they were in Hamilton. Church Street is two streets back from Front Street. Reid Street is one street back. Hamilton is not a big city so once you get to Bermuda just to a Tourism Bureau and get a map, you'll be able to walk to the Cafe or to the Club from Front Street or the bus terminal.

By the way, the Portuguese here are mostly from the Azores, which apparantly has a different accent and slang than mainland Portuguese. I'm not sure how easy/hard a mainland Portuguese speaker would have understanding it.

I spoke with a Portuguese-Bermudian who confirmed that there are no Portuguese restaurants, except for the Cafe. Mediterranean-style is as close as you'll get.

Archived