CocoCay Cabana Experiences?

4merlurker

We are 2 families (7 adults +20 mo. old) travelling together. I'm thinking of "trying" to get a cabana on CocoCay. Will we ALL be able to hang out in the cabana section or only DH & I ? What about the buffet? Could anyone recommend a specific # or location? (I've searched the private island board but most cabana references are related to Labadee which seems a lot more cabana friendly.

Thanks!

I will be going to Coco Cay next week. I am going to try to get a cabana for 4 adults. If I am successful I will post when I get back. I too have found it frustrating that there isn't a lot of information on the Coco Cay cabanas.

The Coco Cay cabanas are all brand new. There is very little information on them, since they really just opened up for booking in the last month or so. We rented one ($200.00) while we were there last week. It was very nice and the upgraded lunch was nice too. The cabanas are available for up to 6 people. There are 6 sun loungers outside, 2 padded loungers on the deck and and a U shaped sofa in the cabana. These are all located near a sea wall, with a fairly short walk to the beach. Cabana guests will get a wristband for their stay. You should be able to fit all 7 plus the 20 month old, but the are advertised as being available for up to 6 adults. These are available to suite guests first. Any remaining cabanas will then be opened up for rental by non-suite guests. Cabana #'s 1 and 2 face the beach somewhat, the rest face the sea wall and there are nice views of the ship.

Eric

• 3 months later...
We are 2 families (7 adults +20 mo. old) travelling together. I'm thinking of "trying" to get a cabana on CocoCay. Will we ALL be able to hang out in the cabana section or only DH & I ? What about the buffet? Could anyone recommend a specific # or location? (I've searched the private island board but most cabana references are related to Labadee which seems a lot more cabana friendly.

Thanks!

Were you able to get the cabana and were you able to use if for all 7 people and the toddler? Would love to know, as we will be 7 adults travelling on December and are hoping to rent one of the cabanas. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Hope you had a great cruise!:)

• 2 weeks later...

We were just there and had #4.i would recommend #3,4or 5. We did get Champagne and the 4 bottles of water plus a fruit plate. Wendell the Cabana attendant was great, well worth the big tip we gave him. The crew that came off the Grandeur were alittle disorganized being the 1st cruise since relocating. They "upgraded"food was not great. They didn't have shrimp. The chef said it was too far back in the freezer, what? The steak was thin and grisly. They did have salmon which was OK.they had the chicken and ribs. But no burgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob like they had at the regular buffet. Also no drink station. Wendell said usually they will have all the food available at the main buffet.

So, here's another off-the-wall question. We are travelling with my Mom who requires a wheelchair. I know that we can get the beach wheelchair that is complimentary at this port. We are discussing doing a cabana so Mom can relax and enjoy, but also not be overwhelmed with everything. Here is where it gets a little tricky.

We have reservations for FlowRider lessons at 10:45 - 11:55. We wanted to go back to the ship for the lessons. We would then take Mom out to the cabana after these lessons. We are scheduled for the WaveJet Tour at 1:45 - 3:30. And the ship leaves at 4:00. Do we have time to go back to the cabana to get Mom and make it back to the ship? Is this area all within walking distance?

I guess what I'm asking is this: Have we bitten off more than we can realistically do? If anything goes, it will most likely be the FlowRider. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Archived