Tahitian Breeze - Jan 2013 Muster Drill

TERRIER1

Anyone out there who was on this cruise who can provide the time that muster drill took place? I understand that the charter folks came in late (like 11 pm) and was curious when muster took place. I'm usually wiped the first day on ship and was curious if I need to stay up late for the drill. Also, what time did you board the ship if you did not use O's air on the day of embarkation? Thanks so much.

Thanks so much for the reply. I would expect that the life boat drill the next morning at 8:30 am would be problematic for some if they had to meet their tour guide. We are tendering at 8 am at Moorea the next morning. Appreciate the info.

We were on the Atlas charter on the trip from LA to Papeete and Air Tahiti Nui on the way back. The plane itself was fine, but they were not prepared at LAX for everyone checking in. Atlas was not computerized and the line was endless. At first, security didn't know what to make of the handwritten boarding passes and then there were more lines to take buses on the tarmac to get passengers to the plane. Ended up delaying takeoff for 2 hours to process everyone and get us off the ground. Probably a total of 5 hours of standing and waiting. Not pleasant.

The cruise line was not happy with the charter service. Everyone involved got a letter stating that they had not had this kind of a problem before and we were given a ship board credit. Assume they are working on the issues.

Check in in Papeete for the return flight home went smoothly, but the airport is pretty small, not air-conditioned, crowded when they have more than one flight scheduled at similar times, and not much in the way of food there.

FYI, when we got back to Papeete, we rented a car and spent the day touring the island on our own and dropped the car at the airport where Oceania had all the luggage in a secured tent area awaiting pickup before checking in. For us, that proved to be a great way to spend the day.

Archived