Travel to Belize Zoo

ibpennie

We will be in Belize City on March 5th and would like to take our granddaughters (3 ad 6) to the zoo. All the excursions I have seen include a city tour and I don't think the girls would enjoy it. I am thinking of hiring a van to take us out there - realizing it is about an hour trip. Has anyone done this or have advice? There may be up to 6 in our party.

Capt. Sanchez took us to the zoo and gave us a personal guided tour of the zoo. As we left the port area in Belize City and on our return to the city from the zoo, he pointed out sites in the city, including the house where he was born on May 5, 1935 and the home he lives in today. The whole four plus hours we spent with him, he told us about Belize. There is nothing you can ask him about Belize that he cannot answer. When he meets you, he will ask you where you live and then tell you something about that place. He has an amazing memory and amazing stories to tell.

Contact Capt. Nicholas Sanchez via BLASTOURSBELIZE@hotmail.com

This gentleman is amazing!

We hired someone at the dock. His name was Griffith and he was inside the gate with a group selling tours. Don't remember what we paid but it included admission and a personal tour of the zoo. Here is his email syesue_bz@yahoo.com. It was a great tour and I HIGHLY recommend him. We liked him so much that we have used him 3 different times while in Belize.

We contacted Griffith before our cruise and arranged for him to take us to the zoo (because of your recommendation of him). We hoped some from our roll call might join us or that he might find some others to join us as his vehicle is larger than Capt. Sanchez's. Because it ended up being just the two of us, Griffith asked Capt. Sanchez to take us to the zoo. We met Griffith at the tender pier and he was very nice, but I have to say we were very blessed to have Capt. Sanchez as our guide that day.

I recently came off a cruise on the Carnival Legend and we booked a Zoo tour with one of the locals. He did include a city tour but i think you can customize it to your own likings(Take out the city tour). We had a great day, we ate lunch and everything at the zoo, and we got to see animals i dont ever see in the US. The guys name is Travis he gave us his card at the end of the tourr with his E-mail realwaytogo @ yahoo.com, he's a great young man, very good with kids too. He took Me and my family of 4 in his 12 seater van. I recommend giving him a try.

Archived