OBC when early saver is no longer available

JazzLizard

We are sailing the Fascination in April. We booked early saver so my questions is how can we check for price drops when this option is no longer available and the closest options that we have is easy saver. Also, the Upper deck seems to be full as well, so we can't check for pricing on that deck. With the sales that are going on, I don't want to miss a price drop!

When you are booked under Early Saver, you can price match to any code fare that you are eligible for (with the exception of Instant Saver and Super Saver). If you are a past guest, you can price match to that. If you are 55 of over, you can match to a senior rate if and when it is available. Also check for resident rates for your state. The only rates you cannot match to are Instant Saver and Super Saver, which are the new code fares where your cabin is to be determined by Carnival at check-in. Previously, I believe you could give up your cabin and go back into the guaranty pool for a price reduction, but this is no longer allowed.

If your category is sold out, of course, you can't price match because there's not another cabin available to price match to. I've heard various stories about people successfully matching to a higher category, but I don't have any personal experience with that. One deck can have many categories, so it's important to know which category your cabin is.

The rules are a little different since Dec. 3, 2012, when the new code fares went into effect, but don't limit yourself to just Easy Saver now that Early Saver has expired for your sailing. Check any fare code you are eligible for, including any of their "sales" if those would be lower.

I'm sure others can chime in with more info.

If your category is sold out, of course, you can't price match because there's not another cabin available to price match to. I've heard various stories about people successfully matching to a higher category, but I don't have any personal experience with that. One deck can have many categories, so it's important to know which category your cabin is.

We did price match to a higher category on our last cruise; however, we only got the difference for that category. I'm not sure how to explain it exactly, but basically I had found an inside cabin with a price difference of say $90, but then with the price match to a higher category it only came out to $40 pp price drop...so didn't get the full price drop but still got something. We did have to upgrade the reservation to that new category (but did not have to change cabins - again, can't remember how they did this). I'm sorry I can't remember all the details of it. But either way, it's always worth a try.

Archived