What's the best rate to book?

cruisingky

Hi, we're looking to book a 5 day Bahamas out of Jacksonville in October. I've never sailed with Carnival, and am a little confused about all the rate options I get when I'm checking prices. Especially with the 3 day sale going on today, what would be the best value between Early Saver, 3 Day Sale, Fun Select and Fun Select Plus? We are a family of 5 with 3 boys, ages 15, 11 & 8. Thanks so much!

Also, any tips on what cabins to book, which decks, area of ship, etc. would be greatly appreciated! I'm a total newbie to cruising! I've cruised twice before, but a friend took care of all the booking details for those. :) We plan to book an Oceanview cabin.

Tracy

well, if you are looking for the best cabin for 5 people you do not want to book the rate that you cannot pick your cabin.

that is usually the lowerst rated cabin=--- where the cruise lines pick your cabin for you.

is this a first cruise? if it is you have nothing to compare it to so going with a guarantee cabin may be the best.

your cabin will have two beds on the floor 2 upper beds and a roll away

you will have much more floor space by keeping the beds on the floor apart and next to the walls. keeping them together you will have very limited walking space.

if sleeping next to honey in important--- putting 5 of you in one cabin is not going to work.

price out two rooms to see what the difference is.

Inside cabins are extreme darkness 24/7 take a battery operated alarm to wake you up or you will sleep whole morning away.

\Oceanview cabins at least give you natural sunlight

early saver rate comes with huge penalities--no making changes and no cancellations without losing a sum of money.

to make a change will cost you 50 bucks.

to cancel you lose 50 bucks and they hold onto the deposit for 2 years while you decide what cruise to take.

how old are your kids

Archived