Luxury Goes Missing on the Paul Gauguin

I wonder how the first-time RSSC cruisers felt? That's one of the saddest parts of this story to me. Many posters have mentioned at PG often serves as a first introduction to RSSC. I hope they don't judge RSSC as a line based upon the negative experiences.

I do think that someone at RSSC dropped the ball a bit here. Many of the folks on that group cruise would have been there only because their company was footing the bill. A number of them could probably not afford RSSC on their own. Others, who could afford those prices, may simply choose to spend their vacation dollars in another way. To take a chance on alienating 130 cruisers who were paying their own way (at RSSC prices) wasn't terribly bright.

As many other posters have mentioned, this large a group would have been much less of a problem on a larger RSSC ship. I really hope no one who experienced the buffet lunch and the need to "mutiny" to get onto the tender gives the line another try on one of their larger ships before writing them off.

Kathy

Archived