Anyone do the Royal Caribbean Cassis Tour

Deebs2

We are traveling in July. We have a shipboard credit that we want to use for a small excursion. We'll use private tours for Naples etc. Cassis seems beautiful, but the tour description is very minimal. If you did the shore excursion, how was it? Will we be able to see the Calanques or is there no time? Any advice would be much appreciated

• 6 months later...

I noticed you were asking about the Cassis tour and we are going in September on Royal Caribbean. I agree the description is very brief, and don't want to spend 5 hours on a bus. Did you take the tour in Cassis and did you enjoy it? We also wanted to see the Calanques and would love to be able to walk around and maybe do lunch in Cassis. What are your thoughts?

We did go and ended up really enjoying it. It was about 45 minutes each way via bus. They took us to a vantage point with beautiful views and then dropped us off in town. I believe we had about 2-2.5 hrs in cassis. We were the only ones on our bus to do the calanques. We did 3 calanques in 45 minutes. It was beautiful and fun to be out on the boat. I was surprised nobody else did it. It was not part of the the tour. We then walked around, got the kids some pastries and Crepes. It was a perfect day. We were there on Sunday, so many shops were closes, but with the calanques taking 1/2 of our time, it was fine.

Hope that helped

• 5 weeks later...

Do to transportation difficulties in Cassis we did decide to take the RC tour. I don't think you will have time to do 5 of the Calanques. We did three and were pressed for time. We just loved Cassis and regretted not taking the time to see a very quaint town. We are from the US and have seen the Utah and Colorado mountains. I'm not sure what we were expecting, but a little embarrassed to admit that we were disappointed. However, I do highly recommend taking the tour to Cassis. This is a very port intensive cruise, but just loved it. If you have questions, please just send me a note.

Hi everyone;

We are also interested in the Royal Caribbean Cassis tour.

Do you remember what time the tour start? And around what time did the bus arrived in Cassis?

We should be there on a Monday, will the shops and restaurants be opened?

For those who did the calanques tour, which tour operator did you booked with?

Do you mind telling me how much was it per person, how long it took to 3 calanques and if you have the name or e-mail address of the tour company, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi Stefanny,

I believe the tour started at 8:30 and it was about a 45 minute drive both ways. We were there on Monday as well and all the restaurants and shops were open. It's a pretty cool little town and as I mentioned prior wished we had just stayed there instead of taking the Calanques tour. If I recall, we paid 29 euros for two people and saw 3 Calanques. Tickets are sold from a small booth just a short distance from where they drop you off and the guide can direct you from there. If we had made the first boat leaving I may have enjoyed it more, but we had to take the second boat leaving and sat for 30 minutes before it left. I felt very rushed on our return and didn't get to enjoy Cassis.

Hey Stefanny,

I started this post and lost it. Here we go again...

I think we only had about 30 minutes when we got off the boat, but if we hadn't sat on the boat for 30 minutes we would have had more time. We didn't have time to sit and eat anywhere, so can't recommend any good places. I would suggest that you buy the book by Rick Steves called Mediterranean Cruise Ports. I saw a lot of people carrying a smaller version on individual ports all over the place. We forgot our book and sure wish we had had it. I might suggest that you look at the pictures on line of the Calanques, so you can see what they look like. Rick Steves highly suggested seeing the Calanques and my husband thought he was spot on about everything but that. Keep the questions coming. Don't mind at all. Jay-Bird?

Archived