Tarantula on zip line tour?

cruising7

I am wondering how likely it is that I would see a tarantula in the rainforest in Belize or Roatan? I have read of tours where they pass one around for those who want to hold it...but how common are they? Is it likely we would see one hiking or zipping? Please don't make fun...just answer the question if you have any knowledge on this. :)

We saw one as we were hiking through the rain forest. It was under some leaves. It didn't bother us and we didn't bother it as we were too busy looking for jaguars in the trees and anacondas in the water. lol!

I will attempt to add a photo so you can see what it looked like when we first spotted it. Trust me when I say, objects are larger than they appear. :)

Don't sweat the small stuff like we did or you will miss out on an amazing adventure. The rainforest is beautiful and it is so much fun. We've done this excursion many times thru cave tubing dot com and can't wait to do it again.

Have fun! :D

By the way, we didn't run in to any anacondas or jaguars on our float but did walk past someone holding a tarantula and a snake on the way back to the bus. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww! :eek::)

IMG006.jpg.51a64df77a55076380549ed509f0e150.jpg

Archived