Extra time in NOLA

wave rider

OK, our flight out of NOLA after cruising in a few weeks isn't until 6:00 PM. That is quite a long time to sit in an airport. There are no reasonable flights that we can change to earlier in the afternoon, unfortunately. We looked into RCCL tours that day but the only one offered gets us to the airport at noon. To top it off, I don't belkieve the baggage service is not offered in NOLA so we will need to drag luggage around with us.

I thought I would check with all the wise souls on CC and see if anyone had a suggestion of things to see or do for a day. I have thought of renting a car but can't seem to find a rental location close to the port.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Good morning,

What we did in April after our cruise was to rent a car(Budget), I think they picked us at the port, The rate was $38 for the day. We then dropped the car off at the airport(saved us the fare from the port $33 to the airport too) You could leave your luggage in the trunk of the car. We drove out to Laura Plantation(Oak Alley Plantation is right next door) for a tour. It was an hour drive out to the plantation- really enjoyed our tour.

Just a thought,

Frank

There is a baggage service right outside of the port we used it in Nov. they brought the luggage to the airport and we picked up there on the baggage claim level. Worked out great for us as our flight like yours left later.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived