? About RCI Rewards Coupons

I've just received my RCI Rewards Coupons for cabin credits. Looking for some guidance - do I turn them over to my travel agent, or do I have to mail them into RCI :rolleyes: ? Since everyone here is soooooo chock full of information, thought I'd ask here! Everyone have a great day :) !

Are you talking about the certificates from the credit card?? If so, you have to mail them to RCI directly. If you want to check to make sure they are credited to your booking then you have to call your TA. Easy right? haha :)

If you are referring to the MBNA Visa coupons, I give the cabin upgrade one to my TA and she makes sure that RCI takes the dollar amount off my final payment. The $50 onboard credit ones, I send in to RCI myself.

Also, make sure you make photocopies of everything before you send it in to RCI, just so you have backup in case they claim they don't receive it.

The address you send it to should be written on the front of the coupon as well as the letter that came with the coupon. Its the Royal Caribbean International Crown & Anchor Society address in Wichita, KS

You can try to call RCL to see if they put the credit on your account. I have gotten people who would check for me and people who told me I had to talk to my TA. I think I called the Crown and Anchor number.

I have received certificates for $50 and sent them to Wichita Kansas. Send them return receipt requested and make copies. The credit will not show up until the second day on ship.

John:

Good point. I forgot that the credit doesn't show up until your second day on the cruise. In Sept, first thing I did when I got on ship was to check my account through my stateroom TV and I noticed the credit wasn't there. I went to the front desk and they told me to wait until the second day because on the first day they were just starting to download everyone's info. They also said that if in the morning I woke up and it wasn't there they could easily take care of it. got up on Day 2, checked the Tv and there it was.

If you know that you will spend at least the amount of the credit on board you'll be better off doing that. I used the $150 credit toward the cruise, which I had already paid for in full. I got the credit, no problem, but lost 300 Royal Points in the process. It's probably 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other, since I'll use the card to pay for what we spend on board. But if you are very close to another 5000 points, you don't want 300 deducted from your points...

We received our Visa last month.. it took forever to convince DH to apply for it. We used it on our Alaska cruise on the Serenade and to book our next cruise to Mexico.

Question:

If you use the card to book and pay for a new cruise is it double points that you can use toward a reward???

Yes, any purchases with RCI get double points. This was one of the reasons we got the card. We had a $50 shipboard credit just from paying for the cruise. I have read that you need to make sure your TA processes the payment directly with RCI and your card isn't charged by the travel agency. This is our second cruise with the card and we have been happy. We have $350 shipboard credit this time. The return is 1% and there are other cards out there that have better returns. We use the card as another way to save so it works for us.

Does anyone know if the free cruise or free companion fare for a 7-night cruise is limited to specific ships? Can these be used on any RCCL ship?

For the free cruise or free companion fare do you just book the cruise as you normally would and then send the coupon to RCCL before final payment is due on the cruise? Would the coupon then reduce the amount due for the final payment?

I have used the onboard credit, fare reduction, and the romance package coupons before but not one for a free fare or free cruise. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!:cool:

Archived