LA/San Pedro Advice needed

patterson3

My wife and I will be taking a California Coastal cruise on Princess in April. The cruise leaves out of San Pedro (on a Saturday). We're thinking of flying in Friday morning and spending the day and night before the cruise in Santa Monica and then getting up early and checking out the Queen Mary at the Long Beach Pier for a couple of hours before finally boarding the Sapphire Princess in San Pedro. It seems like renting a car at LAX and then subsequently dropping it off near San Pedro is our best option (Enterprise is the only rental car agency I found with an office near the San Pedro Port) but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on our best options?

Also- does Enterprise provide a shuttle service to the San Pedro port if we drop off the car at their San Pedro office?

Thank you in advance!

We are renting a car from Avis at LAX and returning it to downtown Long Beach 249 E Ocean Blvd. They told us they would take us back to the hotel or the port to catch our ship. Not to bad of a price either. :)

Thank you very much! I'll look into that.

Our experience with Avis a couple of years ago was that they would not provide any type of a shuttle better the cruise terminal in San Pedro and their location in Long Beach. That policy may have changed but it was a $20 cab fare at the time. We had not choice but to do it as we were dropping the car at an airport here in AZ.

Our experience with Avis a couple of years ago was that they would not provide any type of a shuttle better the cruise terminal in San Pedro and their location in Long Beach. That policy may have changed but it was a $20 cab fare at the time. We had not choice but to do it as we were dropping the car at an airport here in AZ.

When I called that Avis today I was told that "Ever since 9/11 we no longer provide a shuttle service to any of the area ports"....:rolleyes:

So it looks like we will also be taking a cab to the port.

Archived