Carnival shore excursions

NanaJulie

I will be sailing on the Carnival Liberty to the Western Carribbean in April. I am only interested in shore excurtion by Carnival. Does anyone have any input on what excursions to do or not to do. Thanks in advance for you help.

Cave Tubing in Belize is a must do! Very well organized. They provide all the equipment (helmet, floatation device, tube, watershoes). A little bit of a hike to platform where your cave tubing experience actually starts. Our guide was fantastic. He explained the plants species in the area along the way so it didn't really seem that long. Once we were in the water, tubing in a cave was amazing. It was a great experience. I would do it again and again. :D

Don't waste your money on the Gumbalimba park excursion in Isla Roatan, Honduras. Pretty disappointing. Walk through a cave-like structure (looked man-made) where we were given an overview of the island, continue on a path, hummingbird station, cross a rope bridge (or had the choice to take a detour path instead), short stop for photo op with parrots, continue on path, stop to see the monkeys with trainers, another photo op with the monkeys (they sit on your head for photos), and then short walk back to where you started. There are washrooms, change rooms, lockers and a beach (we did not have time for the beach but it looked very nice).

Rose

All of our shore excursions have been with Carnival.

Cozumel: Shore Snorkel- excellent value, excellent excursion of all ages and skill levels. Clean facility, beach, restaurant & bar, small gift shop, lockers, clean bathrooms and shower areas.

Passion Isle by Twister- All time favorite excurison. All inclusive beach, buffet and open bar. Child's play area, water toys etc.... You can also take this excursion by catamaran for the less timid.

Belize: Altun Ha and Belize City tour.

Isla Roatan- beautiful free beach and shopping area.

Progreso - Mayan Ruin and Beach Break ---- worth every penny.

Grand Cayman -- missed twice due to weather. Received Progreso in place on one cruise.

Have fun :)

Just came back from a western sailing on the Liberty.

Belize we did the Xuantuanich Ruins though Carnival and it was excellent

Grand Cayman we did the Cayman by Land & Sea tour - I thought it was over priced and not very good.

Her's a link to my trip report. There's ome pictures from both excursions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1785745

Just came back from a western sailing on the Liberty.

Belize we did the Xuantuanich Ruins though Carnival and it was excellent.

Ooh, tell me more. We booked this excursion for our April Liberty cruise.

(We don't normally book cruise line excursions but we did since this is a very long day.)

Belize - Cave tubing and zip lining was AWESOME!!! I would pick zip lining over cave tubing if you had a choice but but were great.

Grand Cayman - Stingray city was a great experience in beautiful waters and very relaxing at the same time. I've also gone to the Seven Mile Beach which is exactly what it says it is but anything in the water there is fantastic.

Cozumel- Mayan ruins if you want to walk or Chankanaab park (spelling?) if you want a great beach with tiki huts and a few extra activities including snorkeling.

Mahogany Bay - Diving.. actually diving is great in each of these ports but the Honduras gets the good side of the barrier reef so its phenomenal!

Ooh, tell me more. We booked this excursion for our April Liberty cruise.

(We don't normally book cruise line excursions but we did since this is a very long day.)

It was a long day but it is very worth it. I did price out the excursion with private companies and there was little to no savings.

In the link of the review I posted, my Belize excursion and pictures starts at post #30

Archived