Carnival Valor: Which cabin for a family of four??

ShanteS

Hello fellow cruise addicts!

After an extremely long break, my family is finally going on another cruise. We'll be sailing on the Valor this August for 7 days to the Southern Caribbean. I'm so excited!! However, this will be my first cruise with my daughter (who will be a few days shy of 2), my mom (It'll be her first cruise since 95 or 96), and my one of my sisters (14 and first time cruiser).

So with all of that in mind, for those who have sailed on the Valor before which cabin is best for us?? I know we need a cabin that can hold four but which one? I've never had a balcony before and I really want one but I'm really nervous with my baby being in the room too. I never let her out of my sight but anything could happen.

I'm really interested in the Scenic Oceanview cabins too, especially since they have the kind bed and sofa/double bed. Has anyone ever had a balcony with a little one? How did it go? Has anyone stayed in one of the Scenic Oceanview cabins? How was it?

Thanks for any help with this. We'd like to book ASAP.

You HAVE to do the scenic ocean views if they're still open!! They're bigger than inside rooms and the inside of balcony rooms (230 sq ft vs 185 sq ft) and have floor to ceiling windows which is the coolest view ever. The only downfall is they're at the very front so if anyone gets sea sick you may want to look at balconies in the middle.

The balcony door has a lock that's typically at the top of it to prevent smaller children from opening it on their own. Your 2 old would be fine, the room itself would just be a little bit smaller for 4 than if you were to do any type of ocean view room.

Have a great trip! I've been on the Valor 3 times now and am planning on taking her out of San Juan this year as well!

You HAVE to do the scenic ocean views if they're still open!! They're bigger than inside rooms and the inside of balcony rooms (230 sq ft vs 185 sq ft) and have floor to ceiling windows which is the coolest view ever. The only downfall is they're at the very front so if anyone gets sea sick you may want to look at balconies in the middle.

The balcony door has a lock that's typically at the top of it to prevent smaller children from opening it on their own. Your 2 old would be fine, the room itself would just be a little bit smaller for 4 than if you were to do any type of ocean view room.

Have a great trip! I've been on the Valor 3 times now and am planning on taking her out of San Juan this year as well!

Thank you so much for replying. I'm so excited! I'd never heard of the scenic oceanview rooms but now I really really want to try it. We're taking the Aug 4th sailing. When will you be going?

Archived