Asking for advice from experienced cruisers with kids

noddingheadgirl

I'm asking for any advice for cruising with a 9 month old... For those experienced cruisers with kids... what would you say is the most valuable item you brought or wished you brought??

In October my boyfriend's sister is bringing her daughter on our Carnival cruise and I'm trying to information together for her so she is more prepared about what is going to be needed. I suggested the duck tub since it's highly doubtful she'll be in the pool by that point and it's supposedly easier to bathe the child in the shower with it---what else can you suggest??

thank you!!!

Bring all of your own supplies - diapers, wipes, bottles, food, formula. Don't expect to find any extras on the ship. Bring the food/formula in a carryon. I wouldn't expect the ship to supply medicine that was crucial for my survival for a few days, and I wouldn't expect the same for a baby.

Bring all of your own supplies - diapers, wipes, bottles, food, formula. Don't expect to find any extras on the ship. Bring the food/formula in a carryon. I wouldn't expect the ship to supply medicine that was crucial for my survival for a few days, and I wouldn't expect the same for a baby.

This.

A decent umbrella stroller is a lot more convenient to store in the room and maneuver around the ship than a full on stroller. Some people bring jogging strollers, but it's crazy-sauce. Hallways and rooms are so narrow, you end up walking backwards a lot. It's also easier to fold up and get on a tender if you have to do that... and they're great for walking around a port, shopping.

Children's Tylenol and/or Children's Motrin isn't something you want to pay for on a ship... Great in case of a fever or even teething pain. Benadryl for any rashes or allergic reactions. Sunburn stuff.

Pack enough diapers for the whole trip. Sometimes hard to find in a port (they're around, but most retailers in port want to sell you jewelry and T-shirts).

A hanging shoe organizer thing. For the Bathroom door or the closet.

21408740242996p.jpg

Something cheap/disposable, but helps you organize all of baby's stuff so you don't have to dig through the magic diaper bag all the time.

Don't forget the camera!

If your feeding with bottles you will want to remember some dish soap so you can wash them.

We always bring some scented poop bags. You never know how long those stink bombs are going to be in your room.

Take more wipes / diapers / butt cream than you think you need. You never know how travel is going to affect the poop fairy.

Archived