Parking in New Orleans

nighttrain66

We prefer to park at the port - it is too convenient and directly on top of the cruise terminal. I just parked there for the Feb 4 Carnival Elation cruise. $16/day or $80 for the cruise.

You pay (credit cards ok), drive up the ramp into the garage, porters take the luggage from your vehicle and then you park. Instead of a shuttle bus or a taxi, you take an elevator to check-in.

Another vote for parking right at the port. Very easy and convenient. $112 for 7-night cruise. We always prefer to park at any port, if possible. That way we're not at the mercy of shuttles to get us to the ship and back to wherever our car is parked. Our last cruise we did self-assist to get off the ship, we were off by 7:15 a.m. and walking to our car.

Where to park for a 5 day cruise from New Orleans (Carnival - Elation)?

What places to stay away from and what places are suggested?

How much?

thanks,

We have always parked at the Fulton Place parking facility. It is a multi-story, covered parking deck and costs $12 per night for cruise parking. They provide free shuttle service to the port and free return shuttle service to the parking facility when the ship returns. Has worked well for us on each of our three Nola cruises.

• 2 months later...
Check out http://www.neworleansparking.com. Saved about 40 percent off terminal parking. Will use first time in April for Conquest cruise. One block from terminal. Drop off party and luggage, park and then ride shuttle back to terminal. Worth $50 savings to me.

Was wanting to see how your parking experience go? I think we are going to do the samething you did. We have 3 cars and 11 people in our party. I was wanting to also know how hard was it to get into the terminal to drop off and is it possible to just park and all of us use the shuttle?

Thank you

Was wanting to see how your parking experience go? I think we are going to do the samething you did. We have 3 cars and 11 people in our party. I was wanting to also know how hard was it to get into the terminal to drop off and is it possible to just park and all of us use the shuttle?

Thank you

If your going to use Fulton, you need to drop off your passengers and then go park. Each driver can then take the shuttle. I've found it not as convenient as you sometimes wait for the shuttle to fill up on both ends. Last time we were already on the road home while our friends were still at the dock waiting for a full shuttle. Much easier for us to use the terminal parking or Machu Picchu

If your going to use Fulton, you need to drop off your passengers and then go park. Each driver can then take the shuttle. I've found it not as convenient as you sometimes wait for the shuttle to fill up on both ends. Last time we were already on the road home while our friends were still at the dock waiting for a full shuttle. Much easier for us to use the terminal parking or Machu Picchu

Doesn't Machu Picchu require you to leave your car keys with them?

Doesn't Machu Picchu require you to leave your car keys with them?

Sometimes, but it's never an issue. Do you have a problem with it? If so, tell Angel and maybe he can park you somewhere that he doesn't need the keys.

Archived