So, my Mom wants "Bourbon Street Chicken."

JenKate

I know it's a popular dish to make elsewhere, and there's a million recipes for it on the internet, but is it actually a dish you can find in New Orleans, specifically the French Quarter?

I told her that she should eat seafood in New Orleans, but she's from the prairies of Canada, seafood scares her! :)

I don't think it's actually from New Orleans since it's technically an asian dish. I think that's just the name. Plus some people make the glaze with bourbon.

I'm not a huge seafood eater either and there are plenty of places in and around the FQ that sell other things including chicken, po-boys, muffalettas, andouille sausage, etc..

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, bourbon chicken has nothing to do with New Orleans

There are many "New Orleans" foods that don't involve seafood. Get some muffalettas, a sausage poboy, find a chicken and sausage gumbo somewhere. Rice dressing, red beans, etc etc. Any local restaurant will have non-seafood stuff she can try.

Don't think you have to stay in the French Quarter either. Lot of great restaurants a cab ride away. If you want something REALLY different, google "Root Nola".

Finally, nothing on bourbon street should be considered a "restaurant". Just don't. :)

Archived