Nine Miles bob marley Jamaica

cjr8882

anyone been here recently? hubby and i are thinking about doing this excursion but havent really seen any recent reviews...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Friends of ours went on it last month when we were in Ocho Rios. They really enjoyed it, but were disappointed that it took so long that they had to go from the bus directly to the ship when they returned.

Friends of ours went on it last month when we were in Ocho Rios. They really enjoyed it, but were disappointed that it took so long that they had to go from the bus directly to the ship when they returned.

yeah if we do it were deff going to book thru the ship for sure since were not going to be there all day. i noticed it said 18 and over is there a specific reason??

Many par-take open with the herb of the gods. That being said I have seen young children around and in the property. There is a 'smoke' shop on the property. I would say not the excursion for young children but I double you would be turned away.

Many par-take open with the herb of the gods. That being said I have seen young children around and in the property. There is a 'smoke' shop on the property. I would say not the excursion for young children but I double you would be turned away.

thanks for the info. no children with us just wondering why there was an age restriction...and that dosent bother us lol

I did this excursion with my hubby in October and it was fun, i'm glad i took this excursion through the ship because was late returning, the ship waited for us, but if your late and it's not a ship sponsored tour your SOL.:eek:

I did a review and have some pictures if you would like to see some, seach for "Bob Marley tour" on the carnival page and you should find it...Destiny October 6 2012.

Have a great cruise.:)

I did this excursion with my hubby in October and it was fun, i'm glad i took this excursion through the ship because was late returning, the ship waited for us, but if your late and it's not a ship sponsored tour your SOL.:eek:

I did a review and have some pictures if you would like to see some, seach for "Bob Marley tour" on the carnival page and you should find it...Destiny October 6 2012.

Have a great cruise.:)

thats re-re i read and seen your review it was excellent! hubby is a big fan and is curious if were able to i guess i should say "pay our respects" without any trouble??

thats re-re i read and seen your review it was excellent! hubby is a big fan and is curious if were able to i guess i should say "pay our respects" without any trouble??

No trouble at all;) Did you book this tour yet? It was sold out when we got on the ship, a couple we met wanted to take this tour and couldn't get this excursion.

If you go with an open mind you will have a great time, some people did not know that weed was widely used and they were very offended, there is no pressure to partake if thats not your thing, but you will definitely see it sold and used.:)

No trouble at all;) Did you book this tour yet? It was sold out when we got on the ship, a couple we met wanted to take this tour and couldn't get this excursion.

If you go with an open mind you will have a great time, some people did not know that weed was widely used and they were very offended, there is no pressure to partake if thats not your thing, but you will definitely see it sold and used.:)

yes i went ahead and booked it today as there was only 16 tickets left...now we just have 13 more days til we leave...ahhh cant wait its our first cruise so we are deff going in with an open mind and want to have lots of fun!

yes i went ahead and booked it today as there was only 16 tickets left...now we just have 13 more days til we leave...ahhh cant wait its our first cruise so we are deff going in with an open mind and want to have lots of fun!

Enjoy your first cruise, this is the start of an addiction, when i come off of a cruise i'm looking for another asap...lol:D

Enjoy your first cruise, this is the start of an addiction, when i come off of a cruise i'm looking for another asap...lol:D

thank you were sure going to try! i know i hear its very addicting once you take the first one.

We're going back to Ocho Rios again in November, and the hubby wants to do this tour again...lol

glad to hear he liked it so much to go back! is the bus ride as scary as ppl say lol?? ive read that your basically driving up the side of a cliff on a one lane road...:/

glad to hear he liked it so much to go back! is the bus ride as scary as ppl say lol?? ive read that your basically driving up the side of a cliff on a one lane road...:/

I'll tell you when you get back...lol:eek:

P.s take bonine.

Edited by re-re

I'll tell you when you get back...lol:eek:

P.s take bonine.

oh goodness lol well ive got dramamine hope that helps lol but i did also read lunch is included and rum punch if you could send me a private message id like to ask a few more questions if you dont mind and im not sure how you do it:rolleyes:

oh goodness lol well ive got dramamine hope that helps lol but i did also read lunch is included and rum punch if you could send me a private message id like to ask a few more questions if you dont mind and im not sure how you do it:rolleyes:

I'm not sure how to send a private message but you can send me an email, mrsrere68@yahoo.com :)

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I did it last week and it was one of the high points of our trip. We booked via the Allure at the last minute (morning of the excursion).

It's a great way to get away from the crowds on and off the ship and to see some of Jamaica.

The drive is definitely thrilling. Narrow, winding (and sometimes crumbling) winding roads through the mountains. Enjoy some homemade rum punch while taking in the beautiful scenery and learning a little about Jamaica.

Ganja is easy to purchase (though at tourist prices) at the Marley compound, and you're free to smoke it throughout. It wasn't a big deal whether you did or didn't partake.

The tour of the premises is fairly interesting, a bit of a "Disney" kind of vibe to it, but still pretty cool. The tour includes a walk through the room containing Marley's tomb, where you'll have the chance to light the candle you purchased upon arrival.

The guide was mildly amusing/annoying, but pretty cool overall.

We then went to a jerk centre for a pretty good lunch. They served pork and chicken, but did ask at the beginning if there were any vegetarians so sounds like they're able to accommodate if you are.

Seeing the Jamaican highlands and the rollercoaster van ride itself were the high points. (OK, the availability of ganja was too.)

I definitely recommend this tour though would advise against bringing children because of the semi-party atmosphere but mostly because the drive was rather "exciting." It also may not be particularly interesting to a young child.

Happy to answer questions if you have any.

Okay, would you still recommend this tour if your not 'over-the-moon' Marley fan?

Our main purpose of booking would be for sightseeing. It seems to cover a lot of territory and we like the cultural aspect, but are not hip enough for to reggie.

I don't know what other less reggae-focused sightseeing options there might be, but I think this would be a good way to cover a lot of ground in a short period of time.

You'll spend a couple of hours at the Marley compound, but it's got nice scenery and is a pleasant enough place to hang out. And, really, the tour itself was probably the least memorable part of the day. It was more about the drive and taking in the sights.

We were very happy that we did it. It was the closest thing we had to an authentic experience during the cruise. Unless you find a better sightseeing trip, I say go for it.

My wife and I did it last week and it was one of the high points of our trip. We booked via the Allure at the last minute (morning of the excursion).

It's a great way to get away from the crowds on and off the ship and to see some of Jamaica.

The drive is definitely thrilling. Narrow, winding (and sometimes crumbling) winding roads through the mountains. Enjoy some homemade rum punch while taking in the beautiful scenery and learning a little about Jamaica.

Ganja is easy to purchase (though at tourist prices) at the Marley compound, and you're free to smoke it throughout. It wasn't a big deal whether you did or didn't partake.

The tour of the premises is fairly interesting, a bit of a "Disney" kind of vibe to it, but still pretty cool. The tour includes a walk through the room containing Marley's tomb, where you'll have the chance to light the candle you purchased upon arrival.

The guide was mildly amusing/annoying, but pretty cool overall.

We then went to a jerk centre for a pretty good lunch. They served pork and chicken, but did ask at the beginning if there were any vegetarians so sounds like they're able to accommodate if you are.

Seeing the Jamaican highlands and the rollercoaster van ride itself were the high points. (OK, the availability of ganja was too.)

I definitely recommend this tour though would advise against bringing children because of the semi-party atmosphere but mostly because the drive was rather "exciting." It also may not be particularly interesting to a young child.

Happy to answer questions if you have any.

Thanks for the review.... looking forward to this tour!

• 1 month later...

We may have 10 hours (if we do this cruise we are thinking about doing). A friend of ours is a huge Marley fan and wants to do this. We have been to Jamaica a few times and have already done this once. He also wants to do Dunn's River Falls (again, we have done this but would do it again). Suggestions?