Claiming OBC from past cancellation

pbsteve

So I don't know why, but I just noticed today that carnival states if you cancel a cruise, you lose 50.00 of the deposit, the rest can be used as an OBC on another cruise.

Last year, I had to cancel my cruise prior to the payoff date because I got a new job and would not be able to go. I was refunded all but 300. of what I had paid at the time, which was 900 (refund was 600) out of a total of 1200. Were they offering the same thing last year? If so, can I call and claim the 250 I lost?

It depends on how close to cruising that you cancelled. The closer you are, the higher the penalties. I had to cancel a cruise recently and they did keep 50.00 pp and gave me a cruise credit for the deposit amount that was required. Anything above the deposit amount was refunded to me. I then used the cruise credit deposit to book another cruise when I was ready. If you cancelled within 90 days of sailing there are extra penalties to be paid so you may not be owed any money.

If you cancelled BEFORE the final payment DUE DATE and BOOKED EARLY SAVER.

Regardless if you paid in full BEFORE the due date or not. After the final payment due date all other penalties would apply.

Then your receipt of future cruise credit is the original booking number.

You simply contact whomever you are booked with now and have them get the future cruise credit applied.

At least that is how it worked when I cancelled before final due date.

This was within this past year.

Thanks, I called them, and they were able to find the past booking number for me. I'm a little upset that I booked the new cruise with the same person as the old one, and we even joked that I wouldn't be cancelling this one. But she never applied them, I assumed that the discounts I was given was from cancelling, but aparently not, as Carnival applied the 250.00 credit to my account. Looks like I'm half way paid up for Cheers for the cabin

Another thing that is not common knowledge is that even if your not the passanger that canceled, but YOUR credit/debit card paid for the booking, when YOU book a future cruise you can request the credit.

I know this because I got the $200 credit back with out a problem. My PV filled out a form. Since my cruise was paid already, it was deposited back into my bank account.

You have to ask, it's my understanding they are not 'allowed' to tell you.

Archived