Taxi Tours?

bling19572010

Are there taxis available at the port that will take you on an island tour? I understand that St. Kitts is beautiful so I would like for my mother, dad, sister and I to be able to get an island tour. Are the taxis usually cars or mini-vans that are close to the ground. My mother is in a wheelchair and needs to be able to just slide onto the car/van seat and not have to step up. Would this type of vehicles be readily available at the port so we don't have to book in advance? Thank you!

Most cruise lines have a limited mobility/easy/accessible tour for either those persons who are wheelchair users or confined to wheelchairs on their shore excursion list which you can check out.

Sometimes at the port I have seen a couple of sedans catering for wheelchair users but they appear to work for a tour operator which one I do not know. There are a few other taxi's which have low seating but there is no guarantee if they will be at the port on the day you are here.

This may be of help or not - a good friend and family, wife in wheelchair ( had a riding accident) and their teenage twins stopped in St. Kitts for the day and they had a tour company customize a limited mobility tour which they got to see the entire island with stops at Romney and Black Rocks and then went over to the South Peninsula to spend the afternoon at Carambola at South Friar's, had lunch with some relaxing time at the beach. They did bring along a shuffle board which was used to help Jane get from her wheelchair (collapsible) with ease into the front seat of the taxi. I am not sure if it is against the rules to mention the name but I seem to recall it was something like Shoretrips.

• 2 weeks later...
Did some asking around and came to the conclusion that Clay Villa Plantation organizes tours for visitors who have limited mobility. Had an idea to check with Jane to see if on her paperwork there was a contact person or tour company and yes it was Clay Villa. It seems as though they are contracted by agents (mentioned above) to carry out such tours. Clay Villa website does not show any Limited Mobility tours so I guess this is done privately??

Thank you SO much for taking the time to post not only once but twice! I will contact Clay Villa Plantation!!!:)

Also, as you leave the ship and head out towards the terminal area, on the right are signs for taxi tours. We had a van. However, the drivers like to fill the taxi as much as possible, so if you do not book a private tour in advance, you may have to pay for the whole taxi just for your group. Our taxi was filled with 7 people. And at a few stops, wheel chairs may be hard to use.

• 3 weeks later...
Also, as you leave the ship and head out towards the terminal area, on the right are signs for taxi tours. We had a van. However, the drivers like to fill the taxi as much as possible, so if you do not book a private tour in advance, you may have to pay for the whole taxi just for your group. Our taxi was filled with 7 people. And at a few stops, wheel chairs may be hard to use.

can you tell me if there are any taxis at the terminal that could take a group of 10 people all in the same vehicle?

thanks very much,

• 2 weeks later...
A lot of the taxi's at the port are 14/15 seater buses and they also have coasters and open safari transport as well that can hold ten and more.

ok thanks

has anybody ever heard of or used Sugar Land Tours??? I heard a few good things, but was looking for some people that may have used his services for an island tour.

Archived