Carnival secrets

NanaJulie

It depends on what you like. If you're into the hard stuff, you can order bottles of your favorite liquor (or wine or beer) thru the Bon Voyage service. I like Jack N Coke, so I rolled on my own 12 pack of coke to mix it with. You can bring on a 12 pack of soda/water per person and 1 750ml bottle of wine per adult. Hubby and I went on a 5 day and our sign and sail tab was $404.00 because I made all of my own drinks while he had beer from the bar.

Does anyone have any secret tips that may help save money on the cruise. I am sailing on the Liberty in April. Excursions are already booked. I heard something about if you buy a drink and get a souviner glass you can get a refill for 1/2 price. I can't find that written anywhere, also is there a different souviner glass for each day.

We have been looking into the Cheer Beverage Program. Has anyone used this before. Was it worth the money. Does it include all drinks. What about wine with dinner?

Baggy clothes at port, I snuck on around 8 bottles of rum last time I cruised, I bought the "souvineer" style ones in plastic bottles, the rum that was made on the island. The rum was great, and since it was made on the island, it was no-name hand painted plastic bottles that didn't set anything off when I had them in my pockets going through the metal detectors.

Also, shore excursions can usually be bought on the dock for far less than carnival charges, For example, in key west, its 40 bucks to go to the Hemmingway house. If you walk yourself there, it's 12.00. I will probably never book a carnival shore excursion, but I have reserved a harley on a 3 hour tour/ride in Grand Cayman already for September, only 40 bucks.

Archived