Anyone booked Goff's Caye excursion thru Princess?

Margarita Monkey

Details state that a power boat ( The Padre) takes you out to Goff's Caye. Has anyone booked this excursion? How was the boat? Did they pick you up from the ship or the dock? Cost is $75 pp. Other option is to book through Eco Tours for $45 pp. Is it worth the extra money to book through Princess or not? Anyone have any comparisons to offer?

We took this tour last week thru Princess. The Padre picked us up off the Crown (there were 2 tours am and pm - we were on the am), and it took about 20-25 minutes to get to Goff's Caye. There you had the choice of snorkeling off the beach or the boat. We chose the beach for no particular reason (we are seasoned snorkelers so either would have been ok). I was impressed with the level of safety I felt with this group. In addition to the tour leader snorkelling with you (and an extra guide for the newbies), they had kayak's on one side, and a smaller powerboat on the outside of the group to ensure you didn't stray out of the recommended area, or onto the reef itself. The snorkeling was amazing - I think I saw every color of fish possible. Snorkeling lasted about an hour or so (I lost track), we had about 1/2 hour to 3/4 an hour to sit on the beach and enjoy. Because we were the am group, we had the island to ourselves, but as we were leaving, other tour groups were arriving. Overall great tour. I'd do it again.

• 2 weeks later...
We took this tour last week thru Princess. The Padre picked us up off the Crown (there were 2 tours am and pm - we were on the am), and it took about 20-25 minutes to get to Goff's Caye. There you had the choice of snorkeling off the beach or the boat. We chose the beach for no particular reason (we are seasoned snorkelers so either would have been ok). I was impressed with the level of safety I felt with this group. In addition to the tour leader snorkelling with you (and an extra guide for the newbies), they had kayak's on one side, and a smaller powerboat on the outside of the group to ensure you didn't stray out of the recommended area, or onto the reef itself. The snorkeling was amazing - I think I saw every color of fish possible. Snorkeling lasted about an hour or so (I lost track), we had about 1/2 hour to 3/4 an hour to sit on the beach and enjoy. Because we were the am group, we had the island to ourselves, but as we were leaving, other tour groups were arriving. Overall great tour. I'd do it again.

Sounds great! We're doing the tour (through Princess) in about two weeks. I appreciate you posting about it!

Thanks for the review. I reserved it for April 10.

Archived