HELP..need an excursion idea

MamaMicki

Hello all,

I posted this on the family cruise board, but after several days, I didn't get any response. Not a lot of action there. Well, I am trying to find a good beach excursion for us. We have a 2 and 4 yo. We have been to GC several times, but have never really ventured out. We usually bring our own snorkel gear and jump in about 2 or 3 blocks down from the peir at a nice dive shop. This time we would like to find a nice beach or something. We are pretty much open for anything. We would like to wait to the stingray city excursions until my Dad can come on our next cruise. How hard is it to rent a car and drive around GC. We usually rent a car in Cozumel, but in GC I know they drive on the opposite side of the road. Thanks for your time. Take Care!!

Hello all,

I posted this on the family cruise board, but after several days, I didn't get any response. Not a lot of action there. Well, I am trying to find a good beach excursion for us. We have a 2 and 4 yo. We have been to GC several times, but have never really ventured out. We usually bring our own snorkel gear and jump in about 2 or 3 blocks down from the peir at a nice dive shop. This time we would like to find a nice beach or something. We are pretty much open for anything. We would like to wait to the stingray city excursions until my Dad can come on our next cruise. How hard is it to rent a car and drive around GC. We usually rent a car in Cozumel, but in GC I know they drive on the opposite side of the road. Thanks for your time. Take Care!!

Hi, please read me thread on Rum Point-don't miss it. It is not hard at all to rent a car in GC. There are so few roads, and once you get out of downtown Georgetown, hardly any traffic at all. Driving on the other side was not a big deal to get used to either, just have to concentrate a little more when you are negotiating a turn.

Rum Point is also a great beach for young children, the surf is very very calm, the water is pretty shallow for quite a ways out, the beach is beautiful with some shaded areas as well. And, with little ones, if you worry like me, the bathrooms were very clean and there were showers to rinse off as well.

Just a suggestions, but the car rental thing is very easy.

Michelle

PS, feel free to email me if you would like pictures of Rum Point.

smdbelskis@prodigy.net

Archived