How much time do kids from different age groups mix onboard?

MsMontreal

Hi everybody,

We're first time Carnival cruisers, meeting friends on the ship.

Because our respective daughters are ages 3 and 6, they will not be in the same playgroup in the youth programs. However I understand that Carnival says that there are "many" times kids from the different age groups mix, so siblings etc from the different groups can play together in one lsrge group.

Can anyone here tell me how accurate this is? How often do the different groups mix? Would it be about 20% of the time, for example?

Also, the time where the kids mix- is it at a specific time each day say from 10-noon, so we can aim to only bring our daughters when this happens so they can always be together?

Thanks for your expertise!

I have never seen the 2-5 and the 6-8 groups in the same area. Usually the 6-8 and 9-11 mix, not the 2-5. Only time I would think they would all be together is during the late night after hours. And even then, they all have there separate activities.

You can ask if your 6 year old can be in the same group with the 3 year old. Depending on the number of children, they may say yes.

I have never seen the 2-5 and the 6-8 groups in the same area. Usually the 6-8 and 9-11 mix, not the 2-5. Only time I would think they would all be together is during the late night after hours. And even then, they all have there separate activities.

You can ask if your 6 year old can be in the same group with the 3 year old. Depending on the number of children, they may say yes.

On our last cruise on the Dream the older kids (6-8 and 9-11) mixed quite a bit, especially at night if they stayed longer for the Nite Owls programs...

we did meet a couple who had their kids together in one...can't remember which one. they had a 4 year old and a 6 year old..

Its not a set time each day. It depends on the activity. I dropped my kids off several times and they were all(3yrs,5yrs,7yrs,and9yrs) in the same room watching a show in the afternoon, or doing a craft. Sometimes when Freddy comes they combine. Also when the Magician came it was all together.

I should note that I dont cruise during peak season so I have no idea if they are at capacity what they do during common play times.

It may also help you to know that the rooms are only seperated by a door so if the younger one is having trouble, they will allow the older one to come over and join in on the activity they are doing. I had two criers and the older two were constantly coming over and saying high till they were comfy and then they went back.

Oh- one more thing- what kind of activities do the really young ones do? Are the toys or games very, very toddler geared?

I'm thinking if I can get the 2 girls in the younger group, it might be just fine. Our daughter enjoys being a "mother hen" to little ones, so she would probably be happy there.

my son is 9, he played video games, did a few crafts and watched the movies.....he wanted no part of the build a bear stuff. Sorry I can't help more! He was ALWAYS having fun though when we picked him up and asked to stay longer.

Archived