Family Oceanview with Balcony on Oasis of the Seas

cruisin'5

The family oceanviews with balconies are 290 sq ft on the inside and 81 sq ft on the balcony, or about 50% larger than a regular cabin. I have sailed in FOV's (no balcony) with my 3 kids, so 4 of us, and found it quite spacious. Last summer, we cruised in a 225 sq ft interior cabin for 24 nights and lived to tell the tale. Some families like to have more than 1 bathroom. Only you and your family will know if the lack of privacy for 7 nights will be OK.

Book a standard balcony for you and DH. Book the interior opposite your stateroom for the kids. You get two bathrooms, and some privacy as well as being close enough to look after them (guest services will duplicate keys for each room so you can get in and out as you please). Plus, you can all enjoy the facilities on the balcony etc ..

I have one teenaged boy, and there is no way I'd imagine this to be comfortable. Think about the smell, think about what's going to happen when one is in the shower, think about the adult sized (+ some in our house) shoes. I'd definately do two separate rooms, you could keep the littlest with you for ease, if you prefer. Plus, for these ships, you don't save much on the occupacy above 2 on these ships.

Archived