Tropical Storm Arlene

Adam,

No problem! I'll do my best to provide information as it is released. Once a storm approaches the SWFL area I am instantly on-call, and cannot spend as much time doing this. Nevertheless, I enjoy being able to put people in touch with the info, who otherwise wouldn't know where to start.

Well folks, the images speak volumes. I can tell you that here in Naples, we've seen quite a bit of rain today, coupled with some moderate winds. We are under a tornado watch:

STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK 145 PM EDT FRI JUN 10 2005 THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A TORNADO WATCH UNTIL 11:00PM EDT

Sel0 Spc Ww 101743

Urgent - Immediate Broadcast Requested Tornado Watch Number 450 Nws Storm Prediction Center Norman Ok 145 PM EDT Fri Jun 10 2005

The Nws Storm Prediction Center Has Issued A Tornado Watch For Portions Of

Southern Florida Including The Florida Keys Coastal Waters

Effective This Friday Afternoon And Evening From 145 PM Until 1100 PM EDT.

Tornadoes... Hail To 0.5 Inch In Diameter... Thunderstorm Wind Gusts To 70 Mph... And Dangerous Lightning Are Possible In These Areas.

The Tornado Watch Area Is Approximately Along And 65 Statute Miles Either Side Of A Line From 45 Miles Northeast Of Fort Meyers Florida To 70 Miles South Southwest Of Miami Florida. For A Complete Depiction Of The Watch See The Associated Watch Outline Update (wous64 Kwns Wou0).

Remember... A Tornado Watch Means Conditions Are Favorable For Tornadoes And Severe Thunderstorms In And Close To The Watch Area. Persons In These Areas Should Be On The Lookout For Threatening Weather Conditions And Listen For Later Statements And Possible Warnings.

Other Watch Information... Continue... Ww 449...

Discussion... Outer Rain Bands East Of T.S. Arlene Will Continue To Feed From The Southeast Across Srn FL And The Keys. Soundings Show Strong Vertical Shear Profiles In The Lowest 2km Indicating Favorable Conditions For Isolated Tornadoes.

Aviation... Tornadoes And A Few Severe Thunderstorms With Hail Surface And Aloft To 0.5 Inch. Extreme Turbulence And Surface Wind Gusts To 60 Knots. A Few Cumulonimbi With Maximum Tops To 400. Mean Storm Motion Vector 12035.

... Mccarthy

;271,0801 250,0794 243,0814 264,0822;

windfield.gif

The storm continues north with new revisions of the track bringing most computer models showing impact somewhere in the western panhandle of Florida near the Alabama border. The storm continues to strengthen, with estimates still counting on a strong Tropical Storm up to a Category 1 Hurricane.

Nothing so far that SWFL can't handle. :) Thanks for the updates. We'll stay tuned! :D

OT- but, yes I saw 5 years ago when I moved from Naples just how crowded it was becoming. Can anyone even move now on 41? Still miss it though. I'm starting to search on the web for places I might buy to "get back home."

You guys hang tight. We'll get through this season OK! :)

Elf

We were on the Majesty in Key West as Arlene crossed Cuba on Thursday/ Thursday Night. It was a fairly rough night on board as we made our way back to Miami and as we went through some of the outer bands. We were all glad to make it back to land. Since the Majesty is one of the smaller ships with older stabilizers, I would imagine some of the bigger ships having even less effect.

Archived