? re: past guest + military discount recipients

DH and I just sailed on the Valor, where we provided the documentation required and received a military discount. next time we book through Carnival, will DH he in the "system" as ex-military, or will I have to provide all of the documentation again?

Thanks.:)

DH and I just sailed on the Valor, where we provided the documentation required and received a military discount. next time we book through Carnival, will DH he in the "system" as ex-military, or will I have to provide all of the documentation again?

Thanks.:)

You have to provide it everytime...

Stef

we took ours to our TA and she faxed them. though it was after we initially booked a 6A GTY, and we only got like $100 per room discount, I think. Does anyone know if we'd get a bigger discount if we provided them upon booking, or whether the smaller discount was because of our category?

Think a lot depends on who you are working with. Our initial PVP at Carnival kept our data on file and we did not have to send it in every time. Now we have a new PVP and had to send it to him this last trip in Apr. The discounts are not huge. But depend I think on how expensive the cruise is. Our last one was like $50 for me and $50 for the DW. In 02 we did a 7 day out of NO and it was much bigger. But then the trip was more expensive and we were in an upgraded room.

Mama - I see you've taken your cruise. Were you finally able to relax when you boarded? ;)

and YES, you'd be quite proud of the AMOUNT of relaxation I got done (some of it with a little help from a girl in the spa named Colleen and some with the help of a few of those "Kiss on the Lips"). :D it was great, but I must tell you that the little "worrying" (a.k.a., "fact finding") I did do here (:p ) paid off in SPADES, as it made everything run very smoothly (with the exception of embarking and disembarking, ARGH). It was wonderful, memorable, relaxing and yes, I'm hooked. :o Have my eye on a Southern Caribbean route next time around, probably not until 2008 though, when the kiddies are in both in school.

thanks for asking. :)

and YES, you'd be quite proud of the AMOUNT of relaxation I got done

I must tell you that the little "worrying" (a.k.a., "fact finding") I did do here (:p ) paid off in SPADES, as it made everything run very smoothly (with the exception of embarking and disembarking, ARGH).

That's great :D

ROFL...Too bad more folks don't do that.

My PVP said that for future cruises, we would need to provide documentation every time, that she did not keep that information on file. Maybe it depends on your PVP's preferences. At any rate, we scored a Cat 12 on a 5-day Sensation for $815 per person. Not bad!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with an earlier posting regarding size of discount and the price of your cruise. We are sailing on the Glory in Nov. and received a $400 discount and since Carnival is running a past guest sale this month received another $56.00 off (due to our cruise going on sale for less than our original booking rate). My mother and her husband are sailing on the Celebration in Oct. cat. 6A cabin and received a $180.00 discount off their cruise. No complaints here I'll gladly take any discount offered..lol!! By the way, I booked our cruise through a TA found on Military.com that advertises deep discounts on cruises and got us a good rate. If anyone would like the name and number for any future reference just let me know...I'll email it to you.

We received $200 off pp for our upcoming cruise. Wish we would have known we could have gotten it on our first cruise. There is a limit to the number of military discounts that they give per sailing. Once they are all gone military or not you have to pay full fare. In that instance it would be best to book early.

"just called yesterday about pricing a 6/06 cruise. rate on Carnival.com was $999, I told her we were eligible for military, she only offered inside or OV, and the discounted price for the OV was $844. what the hell?! "

You're sounding very ungrateful for ANY discount you're getting. Perhaps they should just do away with it like the other cruise lines then no one can complain about how little of a discount they're getting...unbelieveable

"just called yesterday about pricing a 6/06 cruise. rate on Carnival.com was $999, I told her we were eligible for military, she only offered inside or OV, and the discounted price for the OV was $844. what the hell?! "

You're sounding very ungrateful for ANY discount you're getting. Perhaps they should just do away with it like the other cruise lines then no one can complain about how little of a discount they're getting...unbelieveable

I'm participating in a conversation about the ratio of discount to advertised price. I'm saying I'm not seeing that big of a difference. I don't think we need to be grateful to a cruiseline for giving us a discount on a cruise, I think THEY need to be grateful my husband spent 5 years of his life in service for our country.:rolleyes:

just called yesterday about pricing a 6/06 cruise. rate on Carnival.com was $999, I told her we were eligible for military, she only offered inside or OV, and the discounted price for the OV was $844. what the hell?! :confused:

The balcony category may be sold out for the discount or not offered for your sailing. That is still a discount of $150 pp, $300 total savings. I think that you are coming out ahead with that. How much of a discount were you expecting?

Archived