FTTF NOLA Boarding Time

77cruiser77

Hi all-

We will be on the 14-March sailing of the Elation out of NOLA. I purchased FTTF and I am curious on what you all might recommend in terms of a time to show up at the port? We will be staying on Canal street (driving in the day before the cruise) at the Doubletree New Orleans. I assume it is just a short drive from there, and I have planned to park right at the port garage. Given that we have FTTF, what time should we arrive? I was thinking somewhere around 10:30 AM? What makes sense? This is our first Carnival cruise and the first time out of NOLA. Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Cruiser ...

Boarding depends on the ship being ready. We were on the Elation last month and we boarded (platinum) about 11:15, but we were delayed docking on return and the VIPs didn't disembark until 8:45, about an hour later than usual. So, the answer is - if you show up about 11 you shouldn't have much of a wait unless there were problems.

G

Hi all-

We will be on the 14-March sailing of the Elation out of NOLA. I purchased FTTF and I am curious on what you all might recommend in terms of a time to show up at the port? We will be staying on Canal street (driving in the day before the cruise) at the Doubletree New Orleans. I assume it is just a short drive from there, and I have planned to park right at the port garage. Given that we have FTTF, what time should we arrive? I was thinking somewhere around 10:30 AM? What makes sense? This is our first Carnival cruise and the first time out of NOLA. Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Cruiser ...

10:30am should be good. Just try to see if the ship arrived on time (almost always does).

Doubletree is very close - both to Harrah's and to the cruise terminal.

FTTF is new for the port, so it may be a learning experience the first time, but the signs have been in place since last year, so hopefully some training has occurred.

From Feb 4 Elation (same sign for Conquest last Nov)

DSC_2861_Zyde.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We left out of N.O. last Oct., it was incredibly fast. From the time I parked in the terminal parking, checked in, to drinking the first drink on the Lido was 15 minutes. We got there at noon and people were already boarding. We are using FTTF this time also, after setting in Ft Lauderdale for 4 hours I decided to spend the extra $50 to board early. Also, not waiting a few hours for our luggage will be nice.

Being in the Double Tree you should be able to see the Elation pull into the dock. The port parking is also very nice, just remember during hurricane season to park on higher levels.

I not think the Elation had the FTTF.That is awesome that they do.

We just bought the FTTF this week on the Elation. I am excited to see how this works so I can compare it to the Diamond / Suite Guests perks on Royal Caribbean.

Although I do know that being Diamond and staying in suites on Royal does not mean that my stateroom will be ready any earlier when I board one of their ships. At least I know my cabin will be ready early with Carnival's FTTF at least I hope so :p.

Archived