QM2 refit

Cunard Cruiser

Does anyone know if QM2 will be dry docked in Southampton or Hamburg? There was talk about Southampton, but I have also read Hamburg. I am hoping Southampton as the

refit and maintenance company A&P is paying off all 57 shop floor employees from the King George dry dock.

I am pretty sure that Stephen Payne said it was going to Hamburg...

I wonder what they will do- if anything with the Boardwalk cafe area? The way that Stephen Payne described it it was more to do with the terms of the warranty from the shipbuilders- to have things corrected and fixed etc- he didnt seem to hint at huge alterations

November, Hamburg. Changes originaly included enclosing Boardwalk Cafe area to create 'dinner under the stars' - now abandonned as would have been either too expensive or increased draught too much to enable QM2 back down river, also replace Veuve Cliquot with Coffee Shop and do 'something' to Winter Garden to integrate better with Kings Court. Several discussions on this in earlier threads.

Peter

This does not apply to me personally, but is there any idea that the "powers that be" might take advantage of this opportunity and have some QM2 cabins converted to singles ????

I know quite a few long-time Cunard regulars who are single, and they are not thrilled, to put it mildly, about the lack of single cabins on the ship.

Tom

• 1 month later...

Archived