Argh, really annoyed

When we cruise, within a week of returning home, we book for the next year through a TA, get the price, pay it, and never ever look at other prices as we know the rules and restriction would make us lose out one way or another...

I would drive myself insane if I kept finding higher or lower prices, so I don't even want to know ! just pay what I'm happy with and cover my ears and eyes to pricing till it's time to pack LOL

wendy

When we cruise, within a week of returning home, we book for the next year through a TA, get the price, pay it, and never ever look at other prices as we know the rules and restriction would make us lose out one way or another...

I would drive myself insane if I kept finding higher or lower prices, so I don't even want to know ! just pay what I'm happy with and cover my ears and eyes to pricing till it's time to pack LOL

wendy

I'm usually the same, never look as I don't want to know if it's gone cheaper. But my bloody mother decided to book a med cruise in July and saw the offer and that my cruise was in it lol. She thought she was doing me a favour bless her as I only booked 2 weeks ago so she thought it would be an easy change. Turned out ok in the end :)

so glad it turned out ok for you this time....... you need to have a word with the mother for next time LOL,:rolleyes:

have a great holiday though.we are doing Freedom west Caribbean in July and Liberty west med in Oct, and I'm covering my ears and singing la, la, la until we leave:D

wendy

Another reason to book via the States. I think I may even try to get my next cruise certificate in $. Has anyone not from the US ever been refused a $NCC when onboard - just wondered if you could purchase one without any issues?

In my experience they will not let a UK guest book a future cruise certificate in $$ unless you have a US adress or travel agent.

I would try talking to fellow guests about their travel agents and then email the agent to ask if they will work for you. Once you have a US agent you can get the NCC assigned to the agent and will then be able to get the US prices, and drops.

Pete

Another reason to book via the States. I think I may even try to get my next cruise certificate in $. Has anyone not from the US ever been refused a $NCC when onboard - just wondered if you could purchase one without any issues?

I've bought them in $'s no problem :-)

This is not exclusive to the UK. I live in the states, and the same type of thing just happened to us.

We booked an oceanview in December for our Easter Sunday cruise on Allure. On Tuesday, I saw that an Oceanview with a balcony was about $200 less than we paid. I called my TA and he called RCCL and he was told it was only for new bookings. I didn't even ask for a refund, I just wanted the better cabin. So I called C&A, told them I am a Diamond member and have brought many groups of friends and family on RCCL. As many as 31 have sailed with us and over 20 three times. That wasn't good enough.

As my TA said, it makes no business sense to upset some of your best customers and TA's to give those cabins to "new Bookings.

Jim

They will upgrade you only if it is an additional cost. For example, our sailing on Allure we had booked an el cheapo interior cabin, then about 3 months prior the prices dropped and a sweet Boardwalk balcony came available for only $100 more pp.

We could not get the new price on the el cheapo cabin, but we did get the balcony. Even then, we were given the "new bookings only" line at first, but being persistent and asking to speak to supervisors paid off.

Interesting post. It doesn't only apply to cruises. Our government has launched an inquiry into technology prices in Australia. We pay much more than in the US for technology and there is no reason related to costs to the companies (eg microsoft, apple etc). http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-30/it-pricing-inquiry-starts/4163864

Archived