Carnival Valor Cabin 8201

ShanteS

Hey all! I was orgininally booked in cabin 7348 when I put down a deposit for a party of 3. However, one person had another engagement that she forgot about so now it'll just be my daughter (who will be a week shy of 2) and I. I was excited about the original cabin and this will also be my first balcony. Now though I'm a little unsure about the location. Has anyone ever sailed in this cabin or in the general area (forward section of the Verandah deck)? Sea sickness has never been an issue for me but I'm worried about how it'll affect my daughter being so far forward on the ship. How's the noise there as well? I chose the forward section as opposed to the middle (too close to the elevators) and aft (directly under the Lido deck). Thanks in advance for any help!

I cannot tell you too much about it as I've never stayed there, but as far as avoiding the elevators....

DH and I booked directly across from forward elevators on our last cruise this past April 2012 on the Freedom. We literally could see the glass elevators when we opened the door. DH who was using a mobility scooter said it was perfect since he could just exit the cabin doorway and head straight outward as to avoid hitting a wall when making a turn. But my concern was the noise level from those getting on/off the elevator. Much to my surprise, this room was perfect...not noisy at all. I never heard anything different other than some passerbys - same thing you would hear no matter where your cabin was situated.

We found this to be very convenient and we booked it again for our cruise on the Valor in two months (different deck).

Anyways, I do agree avoiding being under the lido deck was a good move.

We sailed on the Conquest in cabin 8201. It is a quiet location. The entrance to the bridge is directly across from the cabin door so you will ocassionally run in to the Captain. As far as motion problems, we did not have any issues on our cruise but that depends on weather and location. One of the best things I liked about the location was the fact that we did not have to put up with smoke from other balconies since the cabin is in the very front. Hope you have a great cruise!

I cannot tell you too much about it as I've never stayed there, but as far as avoiding the elevators....

DH and I booked directly across from forward elevators on our last cruise this past April 2012 on the Freedom. We literally could see the glass elevators when we opened the door. DH who was using a mobility scooter said it was perfect since he could just exit the cabin doorway and head straight outward as to avoid hitting a wall when making a turn. But my concern was the noise level from those getting on/off the elevator. Much to my surprise, this room was perfect...not noisy at all. I never heard anything different other than some passerbys - same thing you would hear no matter where your cabin was situated.

We found this to be very convenient and we booked it again for our cruise on the Valor in two months (different deck).

Anyways, I do agree avoiding being under the lido deck was a good move.

Thanks for the reply. I just took into consideration that we'll be sailing right before most school districts go back to school and there will be a lot of young children and teens on the cruise (past experience since we only ever sail in August) and they sometimes like to hang out by the elevators. I guess the only bad thing about being so far forward is that we'll have a bit of a trek to get to the middle/main elevators but that shouldn't be a problem (I'll bring a little umbrella stroller just in case).

When we cruised the Destiny in 2007 we were on the 6th deck in an interior cabin right above the salsa club and it was loud ALL THE TIME. Luckily at the time, I was in a cabin with a group of other single party girls and we were never in the room and I slept like a rock back then so it didn't bother me. But now that I have a toddler I'd prefer a quiet area for her since she's in bed most nights by 8:30/9:00 and up around 7:30/8:00. Thanks again!

We sailed on the Conquest in cabin 8201. It is a quiet location. The entrance to the bridge is directly across from the cabin door so you will ocassionally run in to the Captain. As far as motion problems, we did not have any issues on our cruise but that depends on weather and location. One of the best things I liked about the location was the fact that we did not have to put up with smoke from other balconies since the cabin is in the very front. Hope you have a great cruise!

Oh I had no idea the entrance to the bridge was right there. That'd be cool to run into the Captain. Hopefully, he's nice and we can catch him for a picture. I've always wanted a tour of the bridge too. Do they do those?

Quiet is exactly what I'm looking for since my baby is in bed around 8:30/9:00. Hopefully the motion won't bother her too much and if anything help her sleep better. And smoke was another worry of mine, this being my first balcony. But I've read here that this (and the one directly on the other side of the ship) is the cabin you want if you want to avoid the smoke so I obviously lucked up getting this cabin. Thanks for your reply!

Archived