Carnival or Island Party Cruise?

DJCRUISIN

Has anyone ever taken The Don't Stop the Carnival Party or Island Party Cruise? We are having a family reunion (60 people) leaving 7/31/05 on the Grandeur and are looking for something to do as a group.

• 2 weeks later...

we did Don't Stop the Carnival and thought it was a lot of fun. I think it would be even better with a large group - The food was excellent - and the desserts were great too. I had heard the wisk away the food but that was definitely not the case for us...My niece ended up Queen of the Carnival so that made it fun for us too.

The only negative i will say about it was that they let some local teens on at the last minute - we saw them pay cash to the boat driver - which would have been fine but one of the kids ( and i question these kids were even 18) got very drunk and acted like a jerk. As we exited the boat we noticed a fight start between him and a passenger...I think for the price of this they shouldn't try to fill the boat and make extra cash but letting kids on...espcially since it's open bar and they went right to it.

We did the Don't Stop the Carnival Party as our only shore excursion from Celebrity Zenith and here's my opinion. If you've never been to a real Hawaiian Luau (we haven't) then I think it was fun. We enjoyed it quite a bit and it might be the closest we ever get to something like that. I imagine if you've been to Hawaii and you've gone to an authentic Luau, then this will be a let down. We boarded a small ship and it was sunset. As soon as they got started, watered down drinks were being passed out. IT was dark by the time they we got to the island. We saw tiki torches and got off feeling much like a Survivor being treated to an outing. We were greeted by square picnic tables and passengers from CelebrityHorizon, our sister ship. There were tables lined up under a pavilion loaded down with food. Some it we weren't sure what it was until we ate it. (ie--Pork instead of chicken, that type of thing). More liquor flowed freely and was watered down. They did a hula dance and got audience members involved in a contest. It was fun, the time seemed to go fast and we got back in half the time it took to get out to the island. I would recommend it if you'd like to experience a luau of sorts. For us, we knew we might never make it back to Bermuda and we were celebrating our 25th anniversary.

Archived