Excursion recommendation for 7 year old with autism

joomlarocks

Ive got a 7 year old little guy who is going on a cruise with us starting on Sun, the only excursion we are not sure of is Jamacia, can anyone give any suggestions on a excursion that is not going to be any type of tour ... I looked through all of the excursions that Carnival offers, but nothing is appealing to me ... Everything seems to require some type of activity ie. walking through River Falls, which looks hard?

1. go to tripadvisor.com and read reviews --and show picts to your kiddo on Doctor cave beach in montego bay

2. get off ship (don't know where you are docking) and get a taxi ONLY that has RED lic. plates --- JUTA should be on the car - official govt.taxi--there will be many

3. Ask how much time and money it takes to get to that beach AND

Ask if they will wait or pick you up - or if taxi's hang around there in general--tip a couple/few dollars each way

5. Go to the beautiful beach - shallow water- snacks and small admission price and small fee for chair -- or can just bring towels and bring something to collect shells if there are any. - see fishies at your feet - to make it more fun - bring banana or plantain to break off into little bits for the fishies!

6. If anyone you pass asks if you want your hair braided or pot to smoke - just say no thank you and keep walking!

7 If for some reason child gets sensory overload - when you notice - start looking for the cab / a cab

Ive got a 7 year old little guy who is going on a cruise with us starting on Sun, the only excursion we are not sure of is Jamacia, can anyone give any suggestions on a excursion that is not going to be any type of tour ... I looked through all of the excursions that Carnival offers, but nothing is appealing to me ... Everything seems to require some type of activity ie. walking through River Falls, which looks hard?

Sorry I didn't see this before your departure. If you are looking at this board whilst cruising, get in touch with Liberty Tours Jamaica (https://www.facebook.com/LibertyToursJamaica?fref=ts) and do a private excursion. If you kid likes birds, go to the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary and also go and find some places that does not require any excessive activity (if that is what concerns you).

Archived