Able to get further Carnival discounts once booked??

We've booked our Liberty Med. cruise (May 2006) through our TA. While the early booking discount was substantial, I am sure there will be other promotions over the next few months ie. ship board credits? further room discounts? How good is Carnival at applying further discounts to those already booked? And how does someone keep tabs on what specials are out there?

My TA said she would look out for these, but I am sure she has many clients that are promised the same thing....what is the best way for me to monitor Carnival to know when there are additional promotions that I might be able to take advantage of? Then, would I phone my TA and get her to do the asking??

Thank you everyone.

the best thing you do is look at prices yourself-- that way if they come down= you call your agent and ask for the price difference. You can do this by watching the prices on carnivals web page. make believe you are booking a cruise for your week. Make sure you are comparing your cat cabin to the price you are looking at. Carnivals online prices do not show taxes uintil you get to the final page.

Also- you want to make sure your agent--- gives you any price reductions up til sailing. Some agents only give it til final payment. If you booked with Carnival you wont have to worry abou tthat...they will give you the price difference up til sailing.

You also want to watch the wording of such sales. Lot of them will be for first time bookings.. and you will not be able to cancel and rebook.

Agents will not offer another online agencies price. If you see another price way lower--- you could consider transfering the booking. Hopefully your agent does not have a cancellation fee,

But watching the prices of the med cruises- these just got higher and higher.

Our group has four cabins booked on the 9/25 sailing of the Elation through our Carnival PVP. When the price went down on an online TA's website, I emailed that page to our PVP. He sent me a reply that he had forwarded the info to the accounting dept. and that I would be recieving a new invoice in the mail soon. When the new invoice arrived the next week, we had all recieved a $70 reduction in our fare. The funny thing is that the pricing page that I sent to our PVP was only for a $40 decrease. ...Go figure...

And the price went up $19 the next day, and has stayed at that level since.

A $140 decrease per couple + we booked with a 2 deck upgrade to start with. No complaints here.

We have been booked on the Legend since last fall for next week's sailing. A week ago, my mom heard an ad for senior citizens rates on Carnival. She called our TA and was told that since she was already fully paid, they wouldn't honor the new sales price. A few minutes later, she called her back and said she couldn't get her inside cabin cheaper, but they could upgrade her to a balcony for free. Mom and Dad are thrilled and I am a little jealous.

Tammy

What you can do is always look at the Carnival Website and look out for specials.

Also, I use to call once a week and check if they where giving out specials.

I once got my cabin reduced by 150.00 per person and for the same sailing I called and they had an incredible airfare special.

i booked my cruise through carnival.com - going on the triumph nov 12th, balcont stateroom on the lido deck. first time cruiser so we are very excited. any tips / pictures are appreciated!

can i just call carnival if i see my category room offered for a lower price and they will credit me the difference? are there any conditions? again, i'm a newbie and i don't really understand how it works...

thanks!

:)

You will have a great first cruise! We have the Triumph booked for December 3 and cannot wait. If you go to www.webshots.com and do a search of Triumph you will get a lot of pictures. Where are you on the ship? You can get a ton of info here by checking Carnivals ROLL CALL Board here on CruiseCritic or doing a Triumph search here on the Carnival board. I know our Roll Call for Dec 3 has a TON of information about this cruise in it....good links also. here is our roll call that has some good stuff - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=135583&highlight=triumph+dec

There is not a Roll Call for your cruise as of yet - you could start one up and see who will be joining you http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

Also do a TRIUMPH search in this forum and you will learn a LOT!!! Have fun doing the research!!

Thanks Betty! I appreciate it! we're staying on the Lido deck in a balcony stateroom and I CAN"T WAIT!! :cool:

I'll be sure to check out webshots.com! thanks for the tip!!!

any info you can provide about receiving discounts / credits once booked, i'd appreciate it! i'm a newbie, with a TON of questions...

I think it is true that your TA or in your case the Carnival PVP would honor the rates going down. I haved asked both PVP and TAs about this and this is the case....

You can check the Carnival site by "booking" your same cruise and checking the prices....I check mine once a week right now and will check back more frequently when the time gets closer...although I am not sure if prices come down on 9As - does anyone know? thanks

i booked my cruise through carnival.com - going on the triumph nov 12th, balcont stateroom on the lido deck. first time cruiser so we are very excited. any tips / pictures are appreciated!

can i just call carnival if i see my category room offered for a lower price and they will credit me the difference? are there any conditions? again, i'm a newbie and i don't really understand how it works...

thanks!

:)

I found your ROLL CALL - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=150682

near the top of the main Carnival page there is a link near the right corner of the forum/thread - "SEARCH THIS FORUM" click on it and type in the words you are searching for and enter.....you will get some answers. Same in any forum or thread - there is the search option. Also great here on CC is the Ports of Call Boards and the pre and post Hotel boards......very nice. Have fun doing your research and anything I can help you with, I would be glad to

Here is the link to a search I just did "Triumph balcony" you can get a lot off of these http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=1944143

We've booked our Liberty Med. cruise (May 2006) through our TA. While the early booking discount was substantial, I am sure there will be other promotions over the next few months ie. ship board credits? further room discounts? How good is Carnival at applying further discounts to those already booked? And how does someone keep tabs on what specials are out there?

My TA said she would look out for these, but I am sure she has many clients that are promised the same thing....what is the best way for me to monitor Carnival to know when there are additional promotions that I might be able to take advantage of? Then, would I phone my TA and get her to do the asking??

Thank you everyone.

My DD and I are sailing on May 19, 2006. Are you going that date?

Archived