fun things to do on treasure island florida

musicmansmom

i have never been to florida so i am totally in the dark here. we are having a family reunion there next june on treasure island. i you have been there can you tell me of any good tours near by it would be great. we want to jet sky, parasail and swim with the dolphens or stingray if possible. also my brother wants to go charter fishing for a day. i will be doing a search on the net, but it is so much better to hear info from my friends here. any advice is appriciated. also good seafood places close to this beach.

thanks alot.

Treasure Island is not really an "island" as we think of an island. Like Bermuda, or the Bahamas. Gulf Blvd runs from Clearwater Beach all the way to St Pete. All along the way are "islands" connected by bridges, some large, some small. Between Maderia Beach and Treasure Island is a place called "Johns Pass" tons of shops, all the excursions for Dolphin sightings, parasailing, fishing boats leave from here. There are great restaurants too. You could spend the whole day there. We eat at Gators when we are there. You can sit outside on the dock and eat while watching the boats and jet skis go by. We even saw a pod of dolphins follow a fishing boat in. The kids love it. Another seafood "must go to" is Shells. Every time we are in Florida we go there. Great seafood and pasta, don't pass up on the Jack Daniels Buffalo Shrimp for an appetizer. Great frozen drinks !!!!! Need I say more ????

We lived in Clearwater for 4 years before moving back home to New England. Have great memories of the area. You will love it. Lot's to do or do nothing but sit on the beach. Great beaches all along this area.

Have a great time.

dondonma

thanks dondonma

it sounds like alot of fun. our ages will range from 4 to 75. i am sure all of us will find lots of things to do and have a good time. some of us also want to see the amusement parks close by the '' guys '' want to do some fishing. us ''' girls '' are going to hit the beach and shop. and i would love to swim with the dolphens if possible. and i will remember the places you mentioned to eat. that is a big thing for us as we are not going to do any cooking or grilling ourselfs. we are on vacation and are relying on the locals to '' fill us up '''.

you must miss it there very much. your info helps alot :) .

Havent been there in a while, I live on the "other" side of the bridge, but here is the website for Johns Pass. http://www.johnspass.com

You can get some ideas from here. Also a great beach to go to is Ft Desoto Beach. http://www.fortdesoto.com http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/05_Ft_DeSoto.htm They have tours to Egmont Key from here, or you can just tour the Fort here or do the beach thing. It was rated the best beach in the US this past year.

http://www.floridasbeach.com is the website for all of the Pinellas county beaches and their info.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask and I'll try to help. I might even have to make a trip over the bridge to check it out. That would be a shame wouldnt it? ;)

tadjr

thanks for the great sites and info. we are getting excited about going and doing all the fun things we cant do here in the midwest. i want to get my fill of some great seafood and just wander around on the beach. and see a gorgeous sunset of course :) . i hope you make it '' across the bridge '' and have some fun.

TADJR............I had to laugh when you say you live "accross the bridge". When we lived in Clearwater, there was a group of about 20 of us that moved from Massachusetts with our company. We used to joke about needing a passport to go over the bridge to Tampa. We had everything we needed right there in the Clearwater area. No need to travel except to see Mickey.........

Sometimes I do miss it....like when I'm clearing 14 inches of snow off of my car. But we always go back to visit our friends that we left behind. We'll be over that way in September when we get back from our cruise on the Celebration.

Donna in MA

Archived