Mariott Courtyard Downtown Miami

youngestof9

I don't see this hotel mentioned too often when seeking a hotel downtown or near the port. I just wanted to say that I stayed here in February and it was great. I couldn't get into the HI Port of Miami or the Intercontinental so I "settled" for this with not too much to go on.

However, it was really nice. We walked to Fratelli Milano (at the recommendation of a few people here) which was only about 2 blocks. Unfortunately they wouldn't take us without reservations (and they had a bunch of open tables, guessing because of the boat show?!?). So we couldn't eat there. Being it was pouring and we were starving, we just headed back to the hotel. Concierge couldn't believe FM wouldn't seat us - said it's a great place that he's never heard of reservations required so I'll try again next time. Anyway, there's a restaurant at the courtyard where you order at the counter and pay and they bring it to you, but not technically waiter service. To be honest, it was really good - much better than we expected. Perfect place to grab a bite to eat. We ate breakfast there in the morning as well. Very good.

The room was clean, beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly (and in fact upon checking in and my credit card declined :eek: I realized someone got a hold of my card). They were super helpful.

Anyway, wanted to put a good word for the hotel. Quick ride to the port the next morning and we had a minivan cab and fare was less than $20 with tip for 5 of us.

Thanks for the info....we've booked there for the night before our cruise, altho we don't get in until midnight. We love to walk in the morning, though. Is there much in the area to explore before going to the pier for boarding?

ktravel - there's a CVS about 1.5 blocks away - we went for a few things - they sell wine there too!

lallak1: It's a few blocks in from Biscayne and then you could walk over to Bayside Marketplace. It's about 6 blocks total. Normally we would have went there too but my MIL was with us and she walks with a cane - too much. But that opens around 10. Not sure what time you wanted to head to the pier. Otherwise it's just street blocks with a mix of little stores, restaurants and offices.

Archived