Scuba Dive in St Thomas

ccm02339

We are looking to do a discover scuba type excursion on St Thomas and would love some recommendations. We will have our kids 15 and 12.

We are arriving on the NCL Epic so we will be there from 8-4. Will ship time be different that Island time? What dock does Epic dock at?

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking to do a discover scuba type excursion on St Thomas and would love some recommendations. We will have our kids 15 and 12.

We are arriving on the NCL Epic so we will be there from 8-4. Will ship time be different that Island time? What dock does Epic dock at?

I would highly suggest checking our Coki Dive Center. We just got back from sailing on the Celebrity Summit there last week and dove with their staff.

We chose Coki because it's on a great beach for the rest of the non-diving family. They have chairs and umbrellas for rent and waitresses that serve food and drinks, plus outdoor showers and bathrooms.

The dive shop was great as well. While my brother and I are certified divers, we saw a teen boy getting ready to do Discover Scuba while we were getting ready to go. You walk in to the water right from the beach and the conditions are really calm. The visibility is great and there is a ton of fish to look at.

If you want to do boat dives, they do that as well. That is what my brother and I did. We dove with Michelle as our divemasters and she was great. We did 2 tanks, each for about 45 minutes. My brother is recently certified, but the conditions were very good for a beginner so I wasn't worried. The boat only takes 6 divers so there is a lot of personal attention.

• 2 weeks later...

I also vote for Coki Beach. We did a discover dive through Carnival with them 2 years ago and loved it! We got to see a couple different types of fish and an eel.

The discover class is 4 people per instructor, you start by going over basic info and they show you the equipment. You then go ahead out. The tanks were a little heavy at first so be prepared for that as you walk into the water but once under water it is like you are weightless. An amazing experience!

Archived