For the best weather.. WHEN?

Thatmom

Hi,

I have made and changed my dates three times now. First we were going in Oct. then in august. Now we are trying to decide which one is least likely to have bad storms or worse.

We have moved our trip to August because one of us works for the school district. Oct. would mean a loss of pay and not to happy boss.

But now we are wondering if we should go back to Oct. The friend said she would deal with her boss. She doesn't want to take the chance of us not going because of bad weather.

How about it is August a good time to go? Will the weather be better in October?

Help!!!

Carla

Weather is never a guarantee. We've gone in May and hit a tropical depression and had awful weather with very rough seas. We've gone in September and the weather was perfect with seas as smooth as glass. I've gone in January and had beautiful weather, and again in January and had terrible weather.

Statistically, hurricanes are more prevalent during September and October. But one can occur in July...or October...you just never know.

I would just go ahead, pick a date, and stop making yourself crazy. Weather is unpredictable. Just tell yourself you'll go with the flow and what happens, happens.

BTW, we've got a cruise booked for this September. If a hurricane hits and it gets cancelled, we'll live with it. If there is one predicted in our path, the Captain with circumvent it. I've just found it's not worth stressing over.

Thanks jerseygirl3,

I know that the weather can change daily... but I was hoping to see if anyone knew if the weather is usually worse in August?I think I read somewhere that August has more rain...Does anyone know what the weather is like in Flordia August...

I'm more worried about not getting to go at all. I can take some bad weather once I'm on the ship..Well a little anyway... Like you said I'm making this into way more than I need to. I need to chill and just go with the flow..

thanks again,

Carla

I lived in Tampa for a couple of years....Florida ia HOT and HUMID in August.....We always cruise in February have had GREAT weather. If I had to pick one of the 2 months you mentioned...I'd go with August.

Thanks jerseygirl3,

I know that the weather can change daily... but I was hoping to see if anyone knew if the weather is usually worse in August?I think I read somewhere that August has more rain...Does anyone know what the weather is like in Flordia August...

I'm more worried about not getting to go at all. I can take some bad weather once I'm on the ship..Well a little anyway... Like you said I'm making this into way more than I need to. I need to chill and just go with the flow..

thanks again,

Carla

I've lived in Florida for almost 18 years and other than the daily afternoon thunderstorms which don't usually last long, I don't think it's a "stormy" month. Last year, the first "named" storm wasn't until August 1st. This year, it was June 9th! You really can't predict it. Plus, the kids start school here August 8th. You should be fine, but like others said, you can still have a great cruise despite the weather.

Well here we are with a hurricane in June....just goes to show you'll never know when is the best weather. I would bet the people who were scheduled to sail from Mobile today never thought they would have hurricane issues. :rolleyes: Just plan your trip and have a good time.

Archived