Snorkeling In St. Thomas

ABBE

On Our Last Two Visits To St. Thomas We Took The Ship Tour To Trunk Bay On St. John To Snorkel And Liked It Very Much. On Our Next Cruise, We Will Be Stopping In St. Thomas Twice And Would Like To Try A Different Site. Any Info On Coki Beach, Buck Island And Turtle Cove Would Be Appreciated. Was It Good? How Did You Get There?. Thanks, Judy

We were at Coki Beach several weeks ago and loved it. We took a taxi from the ship ($7/person) but don't let them try to sell you a $20 grand tour. We got off at Coral World and toured there (it is next to the beach). It is $13 but the taxi driver gave us a $3 off coupon. We loved Coral World as we got to see and touch a lot of the marine life. We also rented an all-day locker for $3 where we stored our gear. Then after Coral World, we changed into our gear and walked the several hundred feet to the Beach. Snorkel along the coral to the right of the beach and you will see hundreds of fish. We took a small bag of dog food and the fish loved it. I got a number of underwater pictures that came out so clear. After snorkeling, we went back to Coral World, changed into our clothes (there is a shower there) and got a taxi. It was a great day and we loved our time there. The whole experience was cheaper than if we had paid for a tour via the ships. Wish I were going with you.

Ray

We were at Coki Beach several weeks ago and loved it. We took a taxi from the ship ($7/person) but don't let them try to sell you a $20 grand tour. We got off at Coral World and toured there (it is next to the beach). It is $13 but the taxi driver gave us a $3 off coupon. We loved Coral World as we got to see and touch a lot of the marine life. We also rented an all-day locker for $3 where we stored our gear. Then after Coral World, we changed into our gear and walked the several hundred feet to the Beach. Snorkel along the coral to the right of the beach and you will see hundreds of fish. We took a small bag of dog food and the fish loved it. I got a number of underwater pictures that came out so clear. After snorkeling, we went back to Coral World, changed into our clothes (there is a shower there) and got a taxi. It was a great day and we loved our time there. The whole experience was cheaper than if we had paid for a tour via the ships. Wish I were going with you.

Ray

THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT INFORMATION. IT ALL SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. SINCE WE WILL BE VISITING THERE TWICE, WE'LL HEAD FOR CORAL WORLD AND COKI BEACH THE FIRST WEEK, AND THEN GO FROM THERE. TOO MANY EXPENSIVE EXCURSIONS CAN REALLY ADD ON TO THE TRIP. I LIKE TO HAVE SOME LESS EXPENSIVE, BUT GOOD ONES, ALSO PLANNED.

Archived