Aloha Deck OK on Caribbean Princess?

kccpa

First time cruiser to Princess. Just got booked into a Mid Aft balcony stateroom on the Aloha deck. Is this a good room/floor (12)? Are the balconys private?

Thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Kathy

First time cruiser to Princess. Just got booked into a Mid Aft balcony stateroom on the Aloha deck. Is this a good room/floor (12)? Are the balconys private?

Thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Kathy

We were in A251 a week ago. There are dividers on both sides. When you stand at the rail you will be able to look down the sides of the ships as well as see onto the larger extended balconies 2 decks below on Caribe. Having not stayed on a carib, I cannot say what they can see, but find it unlikely they can see you sitting in a chair. We enjoyed it very much.

We were in A251 a week ago. There are dividers on both sides. When you stand at the rail you will be able to look down the sides of the ships as well as see onto the larger extended balconies 2 decks below on Caribe. Having not stayed on a carib, I cannot say what they can see, but find it unlikely they can see you sitting in a chair. We enjoyed it very much.
Actually, they can, particularly someone on Dolphin deck. About the only way they couldn't see much is if you're right up against your balcony door sitting down.

Just FYI, the balcony is small at 9'x5' and while covered, is not private. Anyone on a lower deck is able to look up and into your balcony. So, it's really "relatively" private.

Hi Pam

I am trying to picture this.. is it because the balconies on the lower decks are larger ?

Would the Baja or Caribe deck be a better choice?:confused:

Are the balconies on the Caribe deck just partially covered?

Thanks!

Dee

• 3 weeks later...

All of the balconies are covered for a distance. Those on the Caribe deck extend out further. that part is not covered. If you are above and are nosey, you can look down. I was on the Grand for this Transatlantic last year. While we are at sea ,it is very windy. I like to sit out there and read. I sit

back near the cabin, out of the wind. When we get to Dublin, the distances between ports are smaller and we slow down. That portion of the cruise is where the balcony is at it's best. We took the Glenadough tour in Dublin. It was a long ride in the country, a little tiring. At Le' Havre, if you have not been there, it is a fairly large modern city. We are going to Honfleur

Archived