Beach Day/Day Pass/Atlantis in Nassau

steelerfanky

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I are taking our three teenage daughters on a 5 day Carnival Cruise on April 4. We were thinking of doing an excursion to the Atlantis for the day, but the price through the Carnival web site is crazy! I was wondering if there was a less expensive way to do this?

What about a day pass somewhere? Anyone have any ideas??

Also, maybe someone could even recommend a fun beach excursion we could do, not going through the Carnival web site. The prices are really high, and there has got to be a way we can do something fun for not such an exorbitant amount of money!

Thank you,

Kim

I highly recommend Blue Lagoon island in Nassau. You can book through cruise line or direct through http://bahamasbluelagoon.com for $55 per person for the beach day and that includes lunch.

The island is a natural cove with beautiful clear water, all kinds of water inflatables for kids, use of most equipment included, but there are premium water sports like water bikes, kayaks, etc for a fee. The beach is gorgeous and not crowded as its an island. Ferry ride included in the price both ways leaves from the cruise terminal if you book through cruise line.

If you want even more, for a much higher fee the are dolphin encounters and swims for $180-$300. If you do just the beach day, as we have done twice, you get to watch the dolphins swim for no charge. We usually watch them feeding the dolphins before we head back.

Great family beach day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about a day pass somewhere? Anyone have any ideas??

Also, maybe someone could even recommend a fun beach excursion we could do, not going through the Carnival web site. The prices are really high, and there has got to be a way we can do something fun for not such an exorbitant amount of money!

Thank you,

Kim

If you book yourself through a third party booker such as http://bestonbahamas.com it'll be cheaper than Carnival. We cruise NCL and they charge same price as sellers. Not sure why carnival charges such a high premium.

Note, if you book it yourself as we did last year, we had to take a taxi from cruise terminal to paradise island ferry terminal, for about $20 for five of us. Then we had to wait for ferry to island. Took about 90 minutes. Next time, we'll arrange through NCL and have the convenience of leaving direct from the cruise terminal.

On the way back the ferry will bring you directly to the cruise ships.

Hope that helps. I learned all this from CC, so trying to pass all of this great advice on.

I highly recommend Blue Lagoon island in Nassau. You can book through cruise line or direct through http://bahamasbluelagoon.com for $55 per person for the beach day and that includes lunch.

The island is a natural cove with beautiful clear water, all kinds of water inflatables for kids, use of most equipment included, but there are premium water sports like water bikes, kayaks, etc for a fee. The beach is gorgeous and not crowded as its an island. Ferry ride included in the price both ways leaves from the cruise terminal if you book through cruise line.

If you want even more, for a much higher fee the are dolphin encounters and swims for $180-$300. If you do just the beach day, as we have done twice, you get to watch the dolphins swim for no charge. We usually watch them feeding the dolphins before we head back.

Great family beach day.

Very interested in that excursion, tell me was it far to walk from the port?

I would love to do the Blue Lagoon but although we are in port about 12 hours with RC their excursion is only 4 hours. With about 45mins each way, that gives only a little over 2 hours there. Too bad it's not easy to do it on your own.

Isn't Atlantis only $60pp for the day pass that includes lunch? I know it doesn't include the aquarium but it includes the pool and slides etc. Isn't it more upscale than blue lagoon? I have been to Atlantis and it was gorgeous. Can we still just hop a cab really cheap?

Isn't Atlantis only $60pp for the day pass that includes lunch? I know it doesn't include the aquarium but it includes the pool and slides etc. Isn't it more upscale than blue lagoon? I have been to Atlantis and it was gorgeous. Can we still just hop a cab really cheap?

The $60 pass doesn't include slides.. it does include aquarium.

The cheapest way we have found to do Atlantis is to book a room at the Comfort Suites next to the Atlantis Resort. Their room rate includes full use of the Atlantis water attractions...aquarium and waterslides/pools. Obviously, you won't use the room (we never even went in it). We booked the room online, checked in and checked out in the same transaction that day, and they gave us 4 armbands to allow us into Atlantis. It was a very short walk from the Comfort Suites (like 5 minutes) and we had a fabulous day at Atlantis. The room rate at Comfort Suites depends on the time of year...but I have always found it to be much less than a cruise ship excursion. Also, Atlantis had beach towels for us to use, so don't bother bringing any. Hope that helps you!

• 10 months later...

Hey thanks for the tip re Comfort Suite hotel!

My wife and I went to Blue Lagoon when on a Carnival Cruise in like 2006. Total bust! It was billed as the place they filmed Gilligan's Island. Alas, no Skipper or Ginger sightings. It was really a big rock. We actually sunbathed lying on a rock beach. Facilities we're run down and was an excursion we've warned others to steer clear of. Maybe it's been upgraded since we went though

Hey thanks for the tip re Comfort Suite hotel!

My wife and I went to Blue Lagoon when on a Carnival Cruise in like 2006. Total bust! It was billed as the place they filmed Gilligan's Island. Alas, no Skipper or Ginger sightings. It was really a big rock. We actually sunbathed lying on a rock beach. Facilities we're run down and was an excursion we've warned others to steer clear of. Maybe it's been upgraded since we went though

Blue Lagoon had been severely damaged a few years back, but rebuilt and reopened with a wonderful new facility. The Beach is soft sand (as is the lagoon bottom). There is a somewhat rocky ocean beach on the north side, but that's not the main beach. There's a new bar, pavilion, kitchen and restroom/changing facilities.

This is a 5 star venue these days.

Has anyone been to Blue Lagoon Island recently? I am traveling with a group about 20 people and some wanna do the dolphins and some wanna do the sealions. I am thinking that this might be a cheaper way to go instead of going thru NCL. Also do you know if you can watch and take pictures as the kids are doing it? on NCL bystanders have to pay $50.00 just to watch. Thanks again

Has anyone been to Blue Lagoon Island recently? I am traveling with a group about 20 people and some wanna do the dolphins and some wanna do the sealions. I am thinking that this might be a cheaper way to go instead of going thru NCL. Also do you know if you can watch and take pictures as the kids are doing it? on NCL bystanders have to pay $50.00 just to watch. Thanks again

Check out http://www.dolphinencounters.com for details.

The do have Observer tickets for $25 pp that allow you to watch (and take photos), but it does not include access to the beach.

Those participating in an animal program gets access to the beach, observers have to pay for the beach pass if they want to use the beach and facilities.

• 4 weeks later...

How do I best book with Comfort Inn? We are 6 adults and 1 child. So we get 2 rooms? I book the day of arrival of our cruise in Nassau, get a taxi then go to Comfort Inn? This is our first time cruise and any tip on the details of going to Atlantis will help. What best rate of room have you booked? I was looking at Semiors rate since we have 2 seniors in our group. Thank you!

How do I best book with Comfort Inn? We are 6 adults and 1 child. So we get 2 rooms? I book the day of arrival of our cruise in Nassau, get a taxi then go to Comfort Inn? This is our first time cruise and any tip on the details of going to Atlantis will help. What best rate of room have you booked? I was looking at Semiors rate since we have 2 seniors in our group. Thank you!

It's easy to just book online. You will need 2 rooms (only 4 allowed to ea room). Book Senior rate if that person is related to the person is registering the room.

Book day of arrival, you can check in early (and check out at the same time if you want). Front desk will give you a room card to take over to Atlantis to get your wristbands. ALL persons in your group must appear at the front desk as well as at Atlantis to get your wristbands. You can't send one person to do this for the group.

Yes, a cab would be the best bet. Pools open at 9am/ waterpark opens at 10am. Both close at 5 during fall, winter and spring. open until 7 in the summer months.

Atlantis is cashless, so bring a credit card for food and drinks etc.