Increase In Drinks Price

Killiepie

I see on other recent topics someone has advised that a number of drinks previously charged at $8 have suddenly increased to $8.50 thereby taking them outwith the "free" classic package. Can anyone confirm and post the latest bar prices for 2013?

We were on the Constellation in February and we saw a lot of drinks in the $8 range. We liked the selection. :)

We were on the Constellation in Nov 2012 and the prices were the same in Feb. Hope this helps.

I would think that if they were raising the price of $8 drinks to $8.50, they would just raise the price of the package. It seems that it would be smarter to gear certain drinks to be in the package or out of the package and to keep those prices in sync.

If they start raising the price of drinks and leave less inside the package, it would make the package less appealing, than if they just raised the price of the package, yet kept the same number of drinks available

There was a recent picture of one page of the Michael's club menu posted in my thread on scotch prices. It showed that though there used to be 4 scotches available for $8, there is now only one. The others were either eliminated or increased to $8.50. I don't know if this has happened in any other bars, however.

I don't think they necessarily raised prices to take drinks out of the Classic Package. Let's remember although they just introduced the 123 Promotion, the Drink packages were introduced a while ago (I think it was 2009 or 2010 - but definitely by 2011).

I believe the Classic Package was launched with the House Wine, Domestic Beers & "Rail" (Bottom Tier) Liquors in mind. And that is what you can expect with that package.

Excalibur1869 Hi. I have checked out the menus at most of the Celebrity Restaurants. Regretably none as yet appear to stock/sell the famous Killie Pie. If you send me your cruise details I will see if I can arrange for a special supply to be sent to your cabin. Once I have that sorted I will just need to see about getting a Bovril at the Martini Bar. LOL

Cheers.

Archived