questions about taking private tour, ship vs local time and fptf

lurkerfrommidwest

On the CCL Dream April 27, (Lord willing). I have booked a private horseback tour with shoretrips and got this in the voucher.

"Cruise passengers in Belize must tender from the ship to the Tourist Village in Belize City. Your ship has thousands of people and most of them want to get off in Belize. Though the ship may say that those participating in the ship's tours have priority, that is not so. You may have to insist, but you should be allowed off in the order that you arrive at the tendering spot. We suggest you get there early and get your ticket, as you will be responsible for your timely arrival on the pier."

our tour is 730-- which is "local" time. The ship itinerary says in port 8a-6p... but i am guessing that means 6a-4p belize time??Typically what time will the tenders start?

we do have the fptf, how mean will I have to be to get 6 of us on a tender asap?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
7:30 Belize time should be 8:30 ship time . It takes 20 min for the tender ride once it departs the ship. The tour operators are aware of the timing, but I know it makes you feel you must rush, but I would get on the tender as early as you can.

Are you sure about the time difference? I thought Belize was 2 hours earlier than Dream time.

Archived