Better to be on Port or Starboard side for Norwegian Epic Western Mediterranean?

allisons

Is it better to be on the Port or Starboard side for the Norwegian Epic Western Mediterranean cruise? Thank you very much!

On a Med. cruise..it really does not matter plain and simple. Not at all likke cruising in the Caribe.Most are industrial ports and you are not crusing close to shore.

On a Med. cruise..it really does not matter plain and simple. Not at all likke cruising in the Caribe.Most are industrial ports and you are not crusing close to shore.

Thank you very much! That is very helpful! I really appreciate it!

We had the same concern - therefore we decided to have an aft cabin on Epic!

Screwcork

I agree, of course. However, we're not spending the extra money for Aft. We have to decide between Port and Starboard. Which of those options is better?

I agree, of course. However, we're not spending the extra money for Aft. We have to decide between Port and Starboard. Which of those options is better?

Last May we sailed on the Serenade of the Seas from Barcelona and as we were dining in Chops sailing from Cannes to Livorno we could see land. So for our cruise on Liberty Oct. 2014 we have booked a Port side balcony cabin just in case we are this close again!

Last May we sailed on the Serenade of the Seas from Barcelona and as we were dining in Chops sailing from Cannes to Livorno we could see land. So for our cruise on Liberty Oct. 2014 we have booked a Port side balcony cabin just in case we are this close again!

Thank you so much! That is very helpful! Since we will be sailing in the opposite direction, then the Starboard side will be the land side. Thanks!

• 7 months later...

I did that exact same cruise last Sept - was fabulous! I had a cabin on the left side ("port" side) (which has nothing to do with the actual ports you are pulling in to.) I don't know what the other person was referring to, but when you awake in each port (if your ship pulled in on a certain direction) some of the ports are STUNNING! Marseilles and Nice was just amazing! All the huge yachts are all around you as is the thousands of homes on the cliffs. Was lucky on that one. Also had the late afternoon sun as well. Just perfect.

Now I'm booked on NCL for the Western Med which travels in the opposite direction and can't decide whether to go starboard or port side! Enjoy!!!

Edited by RO7068
Forgot to say I was on the left or "port" side!